What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

Discus and support What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raffy (TheJokingTeen), Feb 6, 2024.

1. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until the 2024 Xbox Controller comes out in May 2024.

My theory is that Microsoft may replace my controller with the updated model if I start the RMA process when the new controller has come out. I don't know if this is feasable, though. If I'm not mistaken, many companies hold onto stock for warranty replacements. Then again, if their estimates are off, they could run out before the last warranties expire. In my case, my warranty expires late November 2024. I don't think this would happen in my case unless Microsoft runs out of replacements way too quickly, or if they typically replace controllers with the newer model.

Is there anyone that has issued a warranty replacement for (for example) the Xbox One Controller (model 1708), and recieved an Xbox Series Controller (model 1914) in return? This might help me decide whether it's worth waiting for the next gen controller to come out.

:)

Raffy (TheJokingTeen), Feb 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Raffy, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is no guarantee that you will receive a newer model or a controller different from the one you sent, as it could be repaired and sent back to you.

If you want to, and don't mind waiting, hold out until the new models are released and then submit it, but there is no way to know for sure which controller model you will receive.

I hope this helps.
  3. Ackis Win User

Xbox One S Has Crashed

It crashed and you had to unplug it from the wall and then it crashed again the next day when playing F1?

You've only had it for two months, so you still have a lot of time on the warranty. See what happens over the next week - if it continues to crash then I'd personally start the RMA process.
  4. Koods Win User

Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

What I would suggest is that I'd check out www.support.xbox.com to see if there are any known issues there which might be applicable & in a worst case scenario if it's still under warranty that's also where you can start the RMA process to get it repaired!
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick

As far as I'm aware, there's no update fix when it comes to stick drift, so if your controller is currently under warranty with either Xbox or the store you purchased it from, I'd suggest getting started on the refund/replacement process if at all possible.

It always sucks when it happens to any controller, when it happens to a new controller, and an Elite at all, it's extra frustrating. Fingers crossed you can get it replaced with one that works correctly.
  6. JamesUlrich Win User

XBOX ELITE SERIES 2 Can't RMA again?

Yeah tried RMA again and in the drop down I cannot choose the controller, only accessories, and they only give me the option to buy a new accessory pack. The device is still under warranty until 12/31/23. But Again cannot contact anyone at microsoft lol, cant start a new RMA request, can't chat w/ anyone at microsoft, and I cannot email them back via the automated email they sent me regarding the first RMA.
Thema:

1. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out? - Similar Threads - happens RMA warranty

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  4. Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...: Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen? Can I get them recovered PLEASEEE? 3821a926-74a9-46e1-bb9c-64580343c288
  5. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  6. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  7. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  8. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  9. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...
  10. I need help my for my account to see if any might happen

in XboX Insiders
    I need help my for my account to see if any might happen: Will a 24 hour pfp suspension affect my account in any way? I’ve never been banned or suspended before so please help. submitted by /u/Ancient_Sample_1371 [link] [comments]