What happens if I try to gift my friend an item off the store from a Crossplay game?

Discus and support What happens if I try to gift my friend an item off the store from a Crossplay game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Quick summary: My friend and I play Overwatch 2, and I wanted to get him the Battle Pass. Usually, you can't gift virtual currency but you can gift a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Avery Gur., Feb 16, 2023.

1. Avery Gur.
    Avery Gur. Guest

What happens if I try to gift my friend an item off the store from a Crossplay game?

Quick summary:

My friend and I play Overwatch 2, and I wanted to get him the Battle Pass. Usually, you can't gift virtual currency but you can gift a starter pack that comes with a battle-pass worth of virtual currency. However, my friend only plays on PC, but still has an XBOX account. If I gifted him the pack, would he get it on PC despite not owning the game on XBOX? I was also wondering if this applies to other similar Crossplay items; if I can do "Cross-Play Gifting" if you will.

Thanks in Advance (I'll move this to the Blizzard forums if this is far too specific)

:)

Avery Gur., Feb 16, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., hope to help you today!

As you mention you can gift the starter pack because you are gifting it on the Battle net network, which means that you will not have any trouble sending the gift.

I hope that answers your question!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. RustyEquation66 Win User

I can’t see crossplatform friends on my PS4

Hello StevenReeves,

Can u tell what game are trying to play with your friends? You have to check if the game actually support the crossplay and which is the correct way to add them.

For example Fortnite can be crossplayed but you have to add your friends from the epic account not directly from the Xbox.
  4. João Bengaló Win User

Why is it saying not joinable on cod mw2 when I was able to play fine a day ago

I just solved it, I made the transition from ps to Xbox and in my ps account was selected crossplay off, just switched to crossplay on and restarted the Xbox, still offline but now can play, join and invite my friends. Hope this helps!
  5. João Bengaló Win User

Why is it saying not joinable on cod mw2 when I was able to play fine a day ago

I just solved it, I made the transition from ps to Xbox and in my ps account was selected crossplay off, just switched to crossplay on and restarted the Xbox, still offline but now can play, join and invite my friends. Hope this helps!
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

profile address

Usually a billing address will be the home address of who ever is making the purchase, i have never gifted something before, so not 100% but I assume that your friend is being asked to enter their billing address before they are able to gift the item.

I suggest your friend make a post that clearly states what they are being asked when trying to gift the item
Thema:

1. What happens if I try to gift my friend an item off the store from a Crossplay game? - Similar Threads - happens try gift

2. i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...

in XBoX on Windows
    i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when...: i keep getting an error "oops. not sure what happened there. Please try again later' when trying to purchase vc on nba 2k24 aa5e9bf4-c75d-42b9-903c-f2e207433285
  3. Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to download a game this error happens and for games that i have already...: Error 0x80070005 for when i try download (For Celeste and Forza Horizon 4 but im pretty sure this is also a universal) and "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  4. Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this happen when trying to stream on twitch from xbox?: every time I click the “start your stream” button it prompts me to “Link your Twitch Account” and that I have to scan the QR code, pretty normal right? well no, the problem is I already have my...
  5. So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

in XBoX on Consoles
    So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs": So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" d44c9a02-1ca4-4a41-8b79-db1a846cf242
  6. Error 0x80242022 happens when I try to install the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x80242022 happens when I try to install the Xbox App: Just purchased PC game pass. Downloaded the Xbox app installer and it refuses to install. It says error 0x80244022. How do I fix this? d1212153-badf-4d60-85e7-b934bb4c8aa1
  7. Oops not sure what happen there please try again later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oops not sure what happen there please try again later: Hello so im trying to buy a game and every time I press buy it says “oops not sure what happen there please try again later” so when I pressed retry it keeps saying that....
  8. When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When ever I try to join my Xbox friends on my Switch a pop up happens.: I’ve tried restarting my switch and I’ve tried connecting to a different WiFi but it just doesn’t work, so I have zero idea what to do next. The pop up says “Unable to connect, restart you client....
  9. what happen if my games that im trying to down load got a triagle on ity with exmark in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what happen if my games that im trying to down load got a triagle on ity with exmark in the...: what happpen if my games that im trying to download got a traglel on it with a exmark in the middle of it c4b9cd39-9c2c-4301-89c8-8fed4955eb37
  10. "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something unexpected happened" when trying to install games from the Windows 11 Xbox app: The Xbox app was working perfectly yesterday, tried to install a game today and it gives me a message saying "Something unexpected happened" with the error code "0x89235003". Can't find anything...