What happens if I own a digital copy but insert a physical disk

Discus and support What happens if I own a digital copy but insert a physical disk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok im sorry buy i dont want to hear the standard “just buy the disk/digital and not both”, i am a HUGE dark souls fan and own 2 and 3 digitaly. I want... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GHOST4853, Sep 4, 2020.

1. GHOST4853
    GHOST4853 Guest

Ok im sorry buy i dont want to hear the standard “just buy the disk/digital and not both”, i am a HUGE dark souls fan and own 2 and 3 digitaly. I want to purchase the physical trilogy buy i dont know what would happen. If i insert a copy of a game i own
    digitally into the xbox one. Is there any difference at all or would it still run fine? Would i need to redownload a version for the disk and then i couldnt play without the disk?

:)

GHOST4853, Sep 4, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hi GHOST4853,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. Since the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent repetitive answers.
    Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue. We will be more than happy to answer any questions and provide solutions. Thank you again and have a good day
    GHOST4853!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

There is no difference. The Xbox will always play the digital version of the game, even if you try to play from disc.
  4. Smwutches Win User

You wouldn't really notice a difference. It may still run off the digital version though, but if it does run off the disc you may just hear the disc spin up when it starts. The game data would be the same, so you wouldn't need to redownload anything from
    the disc.
  5. 1JayMax Win User

X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc

Both, you can buy digital copies from the xbox store or you can insert a physical disk and install it from there.

Happy Gaming 👍
  6. LegendOfGta Win User

Games on Demand?

All I'm saying is that physical copies of games are still being used today; this is why we shouldn't "do away with them" for digital copies. "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT".

-----

You are more likely to have something terrible happen with a digital version rather than having a physical copy. Physical copies are more stable and are more "insured" as far as protection than a digital copy, which is really just streaming the files right
    to your hard drive. With physical, you have all the information conveniently on one disk which you simply have to put into the CD/DVD-Drive. If somethign goes wrong with the digital copy's original download, what are you going to do? You have no way to physically
    repair the problem in regards to a physical copy.

-----

This is why having digital copies only and doing away with physical copies altogether would be a terrible idea.
Thema:

1. What happens if I own a digital copy but insert a physical disk - Similar Threads - happens own digital

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  4. Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...: Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen? Can I get them recovered PLEASEEE? 3821a926-74a9-46e1-bb9c-64580343c288
  5. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  6. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  7. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  8. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  9. Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...: Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens to me with Fortnite and Forza Horizon 5 14ca5501-a290-4059-b0dc-ae4d5d9d2319
  10. What will happen if I buy a bundle that comes with a game I already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What will happen if I buy a bundle that comes with a game I already own?: I want to buy the Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition & Whale Shark Card Bundle but I already own GTA V. Will it duplicate the game 342f68b0-97f3-4b50-85d2-c8a2ccd3b398