What happen if I connect a hard drive bigger than 2tb to the xbox 360?

Discus and support What happen if I connect a hard drive bigger than 2tb to the xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I just want to know what happen if I connect a hard drive bigger than 2tb to the xbox 360, before I purchase one. Thank you very much!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SebasX999, Sep 24, 2017.

1. SebasX999
    SebasX999 Guest

Hi! I just want to know what happen if I connect a hard drive bigger than 2tb to the xbox 360, before I purchase one. Thank you very much!

:)

SebasX999, Sep 24, 2017
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Xbox one file system

Hi

I don't know what file format Xbox One uses with external hard drives but when you first connect a drive the console should offer to format the drive for games (If it meets the specs), With my Xbox One I have both a 2TB and 4TB external hard drives connected
    and working without any issues for playing games.

gds1972, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    external hard disk which are compatible with new update

First of all I don't think copying games to your laptop is allowed. Probably still a violation of Terms of service.

But yes you can now connect a hard drive up to 2TB and store your games on that.

Just don't buy a hard drive larger than 2TB and don't buy a seagate as a lot of people are having problems with those.

Malacath, Sep 24, 2017
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 4gb

If the game is bigger than 4 GB, you will need either the official Xbox 360 hard drive, which can be inserted into the console or an external USB 2.0 hard drive which can have a maximum capacity of 2TB.
  5. Darth Sink Win User

Xbox Saves to USB to PC back to USB to Xbox?

you could buy an external hard drive to put the data on as you can get bigger than what the xbox already has, example 1 TB would be good as they can sometimes be cheaper than a bigger hard drive for the 360 and they are really useful because its then backed
    up and you can get rid off what you dont need
  6. 007jayc Win User

Hard drive for Xbox 360 s

My son is needing an external hard drive (2TB) for his old Xbox 360s. What do you recommend?
  7. zeroice007 Win User

Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

Unfortunately the hard drive is bad . It happens sometimes. Which seagate drive do you have ? An xbox one , a seagate sllim plus , essential, etc. I recommend just getting another external hard drive. Why are you mismatching the sdd and hdd the sdd is
    much faster than the hdd. Im assuming the ssd is only 1 tb or not bigger than 2tb because good ones tend to cost a bit. Just get you a good hub and add a few 4tb drives to it if you need more room i have 20 tb on my xbox I have a 8tb unit with three usb connections
    4tb on the three . Just buy a good external drive , they all fail eventually depending how long you have them of course and the demand you put on it.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Message received on my Xbox Live Gold announcement screen.

Thema:

1. What happen if I connect a hard drive bigger than 2tb to the xbox 360? - Similar Threads - happen connect hard

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Almost all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happened? Can I get them back...: I was looking through my profile and then I saw that almost half of my game clips and screenshots are gone I'm wondering what happened and can I get them back cuz I never deleted them...
  4. Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen and can I get them back...: Nearly all of my game clips and screenshots are gone what happen? Can I get them recovered PLEASEEE? 3821a926-74a9-46e1-bb9c-64580343c288
  5. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  6. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  7. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  8. Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does this keep happening to my ASUS gaming A15?: The laptop screen is always extremely dimmed whenever I turn on my ASUS Gaming A15. No matter what I do the screen always remains very dark. But when I reboot the laptop a few times by holding the...
  9. What happens if I connect my Xbox to my TV and it flashes red all over the screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What happens if I connect my Xbox to my TV and it flashes red all over the screen?: I have to swivel my HDMI cable into the HDMI port in a certain way before it even works normally and then when I do my tv just flashes red all over the screen 5bdcdc3d-0db6-45c5-a95f-b044718bab54
  10. My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone?: My power went out and now it won’t connect to my network. Has this happened to anyone? 3fce99bc-648c-4fb2-9fb8-49e52f83fba4