What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???

Discus and support What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ??? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I think my question in rhe titles says it all. Cloud based save games are worthless, you never know when you are synced with the cloud and I've learned... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wayne Stuck, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Wayne Stuck
    Wayne Stuck Guest

I think my question in rhe titles says it all. Cloud based save games are worthless, you never know when you are synced with the cloud and I've learned from Starfiekd that list saves can't be recovered. No more games for me that you can't save to the hard drive.

:)

Wayne Stuck, Oct 22, 2023
  2. Wayne Stuck Win User

Well dude tbh I'm not on ANYTHING. You must not play on xbox because IT IS A PROBLEM THERE. I've tried everything xbox has suggested and their last reply was that there are known issues with cloud based saves on xbox and Starfield. SO YEAH I'M BLAMING THE SYSTEM.
  3. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Dude I play on xcloud all the time it always auto saves the progress and same with playing normal and everytime I launch wether it's normally or on the cloud and it syncs everytime ( every game ) so idk what you're on about tbh, maybe try troubleshooting or something before blaming the system ok?

No harsh feelings but like c'mon it's not that common ✌🏻
  4. Wayne Stuck Win User

Thanks for the reply. Xbox has told that they do have known issues with Starfield and their cloud based save system. I have synched the game repeatedly and have performed local saves and the game even shows when it's auto saving. But if for some reason the game gets "out of cloud synch" all of these saves, local or auto, are lost because the game actually didn't save because of the cloud synch issue
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Wayne S, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration regarding the issues you've experienced with cloud storage for games. It is important to note that cloud save functionality may vary depending on the game and the platform you play on. Although most cloud storage services are usually reliable, occasionally technical issues can arise that affect data synchronization or retrieval.

It is important to note that it is advisable to have multiple forms of backup for your saved games, whether in the cloud or on an external storage drive. This way, if you run into any issues with cloud storage, you'll still have a local copy of your saves.

Best regards.
  6. Spartan 343x Win User

My minecraft world got corrupted

You can re-install the game. That MAY reinitialize the save and recover it. Since its cloud based, it might work. If that doesn't work then it may be gone for good I'm afraid.
Thema:

1. What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ??? - Similar Threads - cloud based saves

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  3. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  4. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  5. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  6. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  7. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  8. Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option: Hey, I'm trying to play Hi-Fi Rush, which is available, through game pass, but only the cloud based option. Since it is a rhythm based game, and there is a latency with cloud based games, it is...
  9. Are achievements on 360 cloud based games still unlockable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are achievements on 360 cloud based games still unlockable?: I noticed a few weeks ago 360 games showed available achievements to unlock and now none of the 360 games list any. So, I was wondering is it possible to do so still because of the old servers...
  10. Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please return access to gamesaves the current cloud base is untenable for gaming.: Why have Microsoft taken away the ability to access and manage our own gamesaves? I have read about this in Reddit and seen some really stupid replies. Apparently having access to your gamesaves...