What games on xbox one support 120hz?

Discus and support What games on xbox one support 120hz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What games on xbox one support 120hz? I searched on google and seen several posts saying that there isnt any games that allows 120hz and only caps at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Khildzpla, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Khildzpla
    Khildzpla Guest

What games on xbox one support 120hz? I searched on google and seen several posts saying that there isnt any games that allows 120hz and only caps at 30-60hz and alot of sites, even though i say xbox one s, the search results shows the newest xbox. If there isnt any games whats the point of 120hz if there are no games that supports it on The xbox one s?

:)

Khildzpla, Jul 9, 2023
  2. Corban Richter Win User

I've done research already the Xbox One S does not support 4k that is only on Xbox One X
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

The Xbox One S does support 120hz at 1080p to 1440p resolution. If you set your console in 4K, you won't be able to use 120hz refresh rate. You can check the game's details via the Microsoft/Xbox Store if it supports 120fps or not. If it supports it, you should be able to use 120hz but your resolution should be set in 1080p or 1440p.

Learn more about that here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....

Best regards,
  4. Corban Richter Win User

Btw tell me if I'm wrong I'm not 100% sure I researched a long time ago so I can't really remember but I'm 75% sure I'm correct.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

The Xbox one doesn't have the horsepower to do it.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Btw tell me if I'm wrong I'm not 100% sure I researched a long time ago so I can't really remember but I'm 75% sure I'm correct.
    Only video playback is supported @4K with HDR on the Xbox One S. For example, 4K UHD Blu-rays, Netflix, Disney+ etc. Games are 1080P. The Xbox One S (not to be confused with the Series S) does not have the processing power for gaming at either 4K or 120Hz.

The 120Hz option is there because in 2018 an update was released to allow for high refresh rates. This is part of the Variable Refresh Rate update. Essentially, VRR matches the screen refresh with a games frame rate, thus preventing screen tearing.

However, to use VRR you need either a VRR capable TV (which were rare in 2018) or a VRR supported gaming monitor.

120Hz allows for games coded to run at up to 120FPS for super smooth play. However, as the Xbox One S is not powerful enough hardware wise to support games with such high frame rates, the 120Hz feature doesn't do a great deal. It only helps to cut down on screen judder when VRR is enabled.

There are no games on the Xbox One S that support high refresh (and consequently high frame rate) gaming.
Thema:

1. What games on xbox one support 120hz? - Similar Threads - games support 120hz

2. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Evie - Game Release Support Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Evie - Game Release Support Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I paid money for my new username and it doesn't work it says it doesn't support in games...: My Xbox username is Cloudzdamian b64cefe0-8379-4593-a075-a07f3c54ee60
  5. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  6. Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox cloud gaming support 2 controllers at the same time?: Trying to play fifa with my friend but I don’t know if xcloud supports local multiplayer 88b5b1ae-62bd-49b2-a5b2-989de4c9b409
  7. Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?: I changed my gamertag to something that was already taken, and I was under the impression that in games from before the change my gamertag would appear like "name1234" but going forward it would...
  8. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  9. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  10. So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...: So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive I tried contacting technical support but no help can anyone assist please b29c4129-716d-4f85-afaa-780a3d713171