What game would make you buy a "VR" headset today if it existed?

Discus and support What game would make you buy a "VR" headset today if it existed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just wanted to see what people are thinking of VR or AR gaming and your opinions on how this will, for better or worse, change gaming.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GQQNIE, Aug 14, 2016.

1. GQQNIE
    GQQNIE Guest

Just wanted to see what people are thinking of VR or AR gaming and your opinions on how this
    will, for better or worse, change gaming.

:)

GQQNIE, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Are Virtual Reality Headsets Going to be Successful?

[quote user="ICN3D"] Plus since there will be 3 different VR headsets as there is OR, Sony's Morpheus, and I hear MS is trailing behind and finally deciding to look into it....devs aren't want to make 3 different versions of their game for 3 different VR
    headsets.[/quote]

That's a good point. I can't imagine VR headsets having a big market, so possibly having three available may spell disaster.

BHC Bluez n 2z, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Jena Makarov
    Jena Makarov Guest
    Ready for VR? Get Ready to Pay!

The point was that you don't necessarily need to experience something to know it is bad.

The point I made was that the games they have at the moment for VR don't need VR. Can you really say that a third person platformer couldn't be played on a television?

It's like Kinect at the moment. Games might be "Better With VR" but they aren't games that wouldn't be great without it.

VR needs a game where the VR headset is essential.

Jena Makarov, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Wiggs Win User

Microsoft to do something at E3 that has never been done at E3

Occulus Rift was at last years E3, I believe....plus it will be there this year probably and Sony is showcasing their VR headset as well.

From what I've read and heard....MS has no VR headset in the making.

If they do show a VR headset...it's one of the best kept secrets ever. Then again....why would you keep something like that a secret?
  5. atxnsk Win User

Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox

I would love to play the Xbox One S/X in a VR headset. Just play standard games with your Xbox controller! I don't want to buy a 65-70" TV to fully immerse myself in the game. A VR headset would be a great solution for me. I hope that enthusiasts will
    develop a device that would pair the VR headset and Xbox One, be sure to support such a project financially.
  6. Paul1708 Win User

Xbox One s

Nothing has changed if you liked xbox in the past with out vR then that is still the case so microsoft not doing VR shouldnt make any differnce too you. However that said just because there not doing anything for VR right now doesnyt mean that they wont
    in the furtre. I cant see xbox ever making a VR headset but what i can see is a xbox app on other VR headsets that will let you plkay your xbox games some with VR patches.
  7. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

When is VR support coming to Xbox?

I fully support MS not wasting reources on developing a VR unit for xbox. I don't think they need to though. Just allow 3rd party studios to add VR support for games on XBOX and patch in support for existing VR headsets.
  8. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox and VR headset

The problem with having a VR headset is that game developers would either:

A: Create a game purely for the VR headset

B: Create modes in games purely for VR headset

Both of these are fine, but as we all know Microsoft hasn't been great at just getting enough AAA games out, if they were to release a headset, it would hurt their already fragile game release record.

Id rather they concentrate on getting great games out first, then perhaps in a few years announce a headset.

Final thought, I've tried VR and yes it is fun, but in a very gimmicky way. A lot of VR games I couldn't play purely because they made me feel really sick very fast. The games that I could play were more of your 3D platformer games like Moss or Astro Bot, good fun games in their own right, but not enough to buy a headset for.
Thema:

1. What game would make you buy a "VR" headset today if it existed? - Similar Threads - game buy headset

2. How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?: I want to preorder the new college football game for my bf and seen there is a package deal with the deluxe version of that game and madden 25. I don’t play those games lol so I don’t know what...
  3. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  4. I can't buy any games on microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't buy any games on microsoft: I am trying to buy minecraft and for some reason I can't buy it. It says my account doesn't have access to it. I have a similar problem when I try to play halo infinite because I can't access the...
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.: I was considering purchasing a digital code for the Deluxe Edition of Resident 4. However, that version has been delisted and replaced with the Gold Version. If I purchase the code for the deluxe...
  8. If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.: If I buy game pass ultimate for 14 days but I currently have game pass core for 12 months. After the game pass ultimate expires will the game pass core start again. submitted by...
  9. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  10. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...