What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .

Discus and support What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player . in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What dvd formats work on xbox one, that was bought in the U.S or is it universal format player . f39118c9-2978-4189-a134-a08c79fd9ee7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J-319, Nov 18, 2022.

1. J-319
    J-319 Guest

What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player .

What dvd formats work on xbox one, that was bought in the U.S or is it universal format player .

:)

J-319, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today J-319

Nope, depending on your region and where the console was purchased it can read certain DVDs and Blu-ray
    You can double check all this here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-h...
  3. Eric333333 Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

My Xbox is set to output in Atmos, which is working when in menus and certain applications that abide by that setting; however, the DVD player should not adhere to the Xbox audio setting. DVD's should output in whatever format I select within the DVD menus, and this does work for every format I have tried, except for DTS Digital Surround.

The Xbox goes to my audio receiver using an HDMI cable. The audio receiver has an indicator to tell me what format it is receiving. This is how I can tell which format the Xbox is outputting. When I put a DVD in a different player, it correctly outputs DTS Digital Surround, so I know the issue is with the Xbox.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

[quote user="Dodece"]Why am I not surprised. You talk a great game, but in the end you are peddling a load of nonsense.[/quote]How is a complete lack of any development of HDi player code "nonsense" ?
    We are talking about a universal media format.
    You
    may be. I'm talking about what is required to play a HD DVD movie according to spec. No HDi, no support.
    A format that many BluRay movies make use of.
    No, they don't. Blu-ray does menus and other interactive features very differently.[quote user="OneBgBdArtemis"]I
    would like to add and respond to whoever the numbnut was that said the software doesn't exist, that, it, does indeed exist. It's on a disc that shipped with the unit when new.[/quote]And that code is written for use with the 360's CPU. It will not work on
    the Xbox One's CPU. Development ceased on HD DVD player software years ago. There is no point to Microsoft developing an x86 player for HD DVD.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

[quote user="FullHornet"]It makes absolutely no sense why an Xbox One would play DVDs and Blu-Ray's and not play HD DVDs.[/quote]HD DVD and Blu-ray are formatted differently on the disc. Blu-ray players cannot read HD DVDs and vice versa. The exception being
    multi-format drives designed to read both (I have two).

Beyond the physical inability to read an HD DVD in a Blu-ray drive, there's the issue of software. HDi Interactive Format was the standard used to create HD DVD menus and other content on-disc outside of the actual movie files. Blu-ray uses scripts and Java.
    Unless playback software can understand HDi Interactive Format, HD DVD menus won't work and the disc won't play.

If it was possible for Blu-ray players to play HD DVD, people wouldn't be holding onto HD DVD drives.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox One HD-DVD add-on compatibility

[quote user="Dontasciime"]^ Shame Ms did not compensate those users who bought the HD-DVD for £139 and then spent thousands on HD content[/quote]Why would they? Do you think Sony refunded people who supported Betamax?
    to see this technology be dumped
    at the drop of a hat
    If you think that's how it went down, you don't know much about HD DVD.
    Pity they don't allow you to connect one of the players to the XBOX ONE PC
    Xbox One is not a PC.
    saying as the internal drive must be udf2.5/2.6
    compliant so therefore has a driver to read the format
    udf is a disk format, not a driver format.
    the software must already decode AACS to allow you to view protected blu rays & the Usb driver won't be hard e.g the pid&vid is probably in there
    already and just blocked.
    That's not how any of that works.

HD DVD and Blu-ray are not just containers for content. Both HD DVD and Blu-ray included interactive content executable/formatting support standards. Those standards were incompatible. It's not just a matter of reading the disc, it's also a matter of handling
    the interactive content. As the HD DVD player software was written for PowerPC, MS would have to create it from scratch and then test it against a dead format.

The XBOX 360 HD DVD drive works fine with a PC and PC player software. ArcSoft no longer maintains the HD DVD software in TotalMedia Theater, but the code is still in the application and it still works. Go build a small HTPC out of an Intel NUC if you really
    can't be bothered to rebuy your HD DVD collection on Blu-ray or UltraViolet or iTunes.
Thema:

1. What dvd formats work on xbox one that was bought in the U.S or is it universal player . - Similar Threads - dvd formats was

2. DVD Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD Drive Issue: I have an Xbox 360 and the DVD drive is not reading any games. I have tried different games and I get the same result. I open the tray and put the game in the it says "reading" but doesn't load...
  3. Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play DVD -r discs on my Series X?: I have a quick question. Is it possible to play DVD -r type discs on my Series X? I'm not playing anything illegal, just old wrestling shows. I know that they're not the same as a typical DVD, I...
  4. Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s ,new motherboard. New DVD board , using new hard drive 1tb get two of the same...: Xbox one s new mother board came with DVD daughter board. Using 1 tb hard drive . Getting error E101-000005048B050041 .Have tryed 3 500 HD and 2 1tb HD, reassembled DVD to check cables etc still...
  5. Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region

in XBoX on Windows
    Can a xbox one play dvd/ blu-rays from any region: So i read somewhere that xbox ones can play games from any region. But is it the same for dvd’s e7f8195f-ca5b-4baa-96f7-60af7d492b96
  6. Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics: Hey, so im having this issue that when i plug in dvd mechanics to motherboard the xbox shuts down and doesn't turn on. I dont want to go to the repair shop yet. Is this a dvd drive error or...
  7. Is xbox one s compatible with xbox one dvd blueray?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox one s compatible with xbox one dvd blueray?: Is it possible to replace xbox one s blueray with xbox one blueray? 4c34b294-5c71-439a-8944-5dba80ad4098
  8. Certain dvd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain dvd: I previously wrote a post about blue ray disk play i was trying to watch a 90s movie called A.W.O.L absent without leave sean Claude van damme and in dvd menu nothing worked couldn't hilight any...
  9. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  10. DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them: I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any of my game DVDs. When I chose "Open Tray",...