What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed?

Discus and support What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently I've been trying to use my old Xbox 360 for the memories and also because I'm really bored.. my controller was working but the day after it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skorvy, May 6, 2024.

1. Skorvy
    Skorvy Guest

So recently I've been trying to use my old Xbox 360 for the memories and also because I'm really bored.. my controller was working but the day after it randomly stopped turning on while I was watching a movie and I cant get it to turn back on.

At the time i didn't think much of it I thought it was just the batteries so I got one of the chargers that you plug in because it has a rechargeable battery (bear in mind I havent used it in years so I also guess that the battery was flat because the charger wasn't working) the little light wasn't turning on either which I thought was really weird because I also used to have another charger, and it did have a light and I searched it up and they are supposed to have lights so I was really confused about that..

but today I got a battery shell (the normal packs non rechargeable) and it still didnt work when I plugged stuff in or put batteries in.

usually it doesn't do anything but sometimes the lights will turn on; the one player, two player and four player.. I think the third player one is broken unless it is part of the light indication but I'm not sure?

It seems that there are yellow or an orange color, from what I know this controller is not third party, it's official so I don't know what is going on with it.

it won't turn on it'll only turn on if it wants to do the yellow orange thing, it won't sync, it won't do anything on my Xbox even when plugged in, I've tried scraping and cleaning the prongs and the springs and the bit on the rechargeable one battery which seemed to have helped a little bit but then it just went back to not working. I've tried blowing the holes to make sure there's no dirt no help, I don't know what else I can really do but is it worth trying more things to potentially fix it or is it better just look for a replacement controller?

Sorry if this is long I just wanna give as many details on things I've tried and stuff, there's not many things about yellow and orange lights - I've only been able to find around four or five posts on reddit which were saying that it was either a mod or it's screwed lol

EDIT: forgot to say the light on the charging cable did turn on ONCE after I fiddled about with it for a while and it was red (which I guess is a good sign at least it wasn't green) but it makes me think that it might be some form of connection issue with the battery and charging or something I don't know I'm not very good with this sort of thing but I feel like that's important

:)

Skorvy, May 6, 2024
  2. Peep_XBL Win User

Xbox one orange light on power brick

I have an orange light on my xbox one power brick and now i can no longer turn on my xbox. What does the orange light mean and how can i fix this so i can get back to gaming ?
    Hello,

The best way to check is the Unit doesn’t need replacement is a Power Cycle, As mentioned in the first reply, i’d recommend going on there and check for issues if they are on there!
  3. ✞.6 Win User

Any help? Xbox not connecting to monitor.

When I do that nothing comes up on my screen, my monitor has the yellow light on it meaning that its turned off, what it does is turn on, say no signal and turn off.
  4. PCunrecognized Win User

Golden Key Information

Purple weapons? what do you mean?

well i guess you mean how weapon rarity was ranked in Borderlands One... white, green, blue, purple, yellow, orange, etc..
  5. ValerieBridgeman Win User

Xbox One Won't Turn On

From what I read steady orange light means that it is power saving mode. I just can't get it to go from orange to white.
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Xbox Froze, wouldn't shut off, Had to unplug it. Then, when trying to turn on, it won't at all.

Can you describe what you mean here? You say it won't turn on at all, but what orange light are you referring to? Can you walk me through this? Thanks!
Thema:

1. What does yellow/orange lights mean? Can it be fixed? - Similar Threads - does yellow orange

2. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  8. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  9. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  10. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...