What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

Discus and support What does Titanfall offer for offline players? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="Lofty Who"]I wonder though with Titanfall with it using the Cloud servers ( like Forza 5 ) might we see some sort of Drivatar feature?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Jan 9, 2014.

  1. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest

    What does Titanfall offer for offline players?


    [quote user="Lofty Who"]I wonder though with Titanfall with it using the Cloud servers ( like Forza 5 ) might we see some sort of Drivatar feature? where the AI is actually real players?[/quote]Yeah, I thought the same thing mate
     
    neilhorgan, Jan 10, 2014
    #16
  2. From what I gather, with the game being story-driven you move through a map completing your objective while the other team try and stop you... it would make sense to have 6v6 for something like that with the AI helping lead the action in the right direction.

    .

    The concept kinda reminds me of Left4Dead with mechs....
     
    MetalGearFloppy, Jan 10, 2014
    #17
  3. I would rather the AI be real life players...
     
    Alchemist Don, Jan 11, 2014
    #18
  4. Majikthise
    Majikthise Guest

    What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

    The AI guys are not the same character class. All the pilots and mechs are the human 6 v 6 with support from many AI soliders or robot depending on which side you are playing.
     
    Majikthise, Jan 11, 2014
    #19
  5. Offline is 6v6 just like online. lol
     
    TROLL OF HORROR, Jan 11, 2014
    #20
  6. [View:]

    THIS^^^^^^
     
    MetalGearFloppy, Jan 12, 2014
    #21
  7. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    As I said before when I heard Titanfall was 6v6 I was a little surprised, I thought being a next gen title it would have been more. I didn't expect it to be like Battlefield 4, 64 players with 30 mechs running about but I was hoping for at least 12v12.

    Having said that, it doesn't automatically mean less players = a less fun game, I've played plenty of online shooters that were 4v4, 6v6 and enjoyed them a lot more than say 32v32 on Battlefield 4. When you have a smaller player count it's much easier to get
    a team together with friends, playing as a team so hopefully it will work really well.

    If nothing else it looks like Titanfall will be something a little different from Battlefield/COD ( getting bored of both now ) so that's a huge plus for me.

    Mind you, give me a tactical shooter whether it be a 4v4, 6v6, a proper remake of Rainbow/Black Arrow will do and I'll take this over Titanfall, another BF/COD any day of the week What does Titanfall offer for offline players? :)
     
    Lofty Who, Jan 12, 2014
    #22
  8. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest

    What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

    To be honest, this game is probably best played online anyway. If it does have offline play I wouldn't get it for that.

    Games like Shadowrun was online only and I had hours/days/months of fun with that game.
     
    DWoodbine, Jan 12, 2014
    #23
  9. Here's playing Devil Advocote - But is this going to be worth the full price of £55 ?? Just for a online game??
     
    Maccadooooooooo, Jan 12, 2014
    #24
  10. marknally
    marknally Guest
    Check Amazon Macca, it about £42 on there at the moment What does Titanfall offer for offline players? ;)
     
    marknally, Jan 12, 2014
    #25
  11. duvadan
    duvadan Guest
    @Macca yes it will be worth it, the multiplayer has a story going through it for each match from what I understand. Iv paid £90 for battlefield and thats just MP for me most of the time, only done the story because it was there I wouldn't miss it if it was
    taken away.
     
    duvadan, Jan 12, 2014
    #26
  12. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    [quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

    Here's playing Devil Advocote - But is this going to be worth the full price of £55 ?? Just for a online game??

    [/quote]

    Like Duvadan said, most people have paid around £50 for Battlefield 4 and the majority only got it for the MP. Personally as long as I enjoy a game I don't mind if it's SP or MP only.

    The trouble for me with Titanfall is it's something new, I'd go out and buy another Battlefield ( well not no more after 4 lol ) because I basically know what I'm getting. I'm not saying I won't love Titanfall but I'm not rushing out on day one, going to wait
    a little after release and see what others are saying, how the servers are doing etc ...

    I don't personally give a flying fart what this game runs at, 720,900 etc but I have a feeling that if it's anything less than 1080p/60fps fanboy sites like IGN/N4G/Neopillocks are going to crucify it, they have already give it a major bashing since it was
    announce it's only 6v6 online.
     
    Lofty Who, Jan 12, 2014
    #27
  13. Whagi
    Whagi Guest

    What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

    I love bots. Especially for offline practising and getting used to MP maps. Used to do that all the time back in the Unreal days. Horn your skills offline, then take them online. That way you don't look like a noobie the first few online games you play What does Titanfall offer for offline players? :)

    6 vs 6 will allow for tight, up close and personal gameplay, it will allow you to get to know the skills and tactics of the other players. Something you can rarely do with larger capacity MP games like BF for example.
     
    Whagi, Jan 12, 2014
    #28
  14. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    5 v 5 warzone in GOW was the best MP experience I have ever had, get a regular team and everyone knows what everyone else is doing on differnce maps, where to go, who to cover etc and you can have a fantastic MP experience. Its not about numbers in my
    book!
     
    John Dowding, Jan 13, 2014
    #29
  15. Inapplicable
    Inapplicable Guest
    Chromehounds was 6v6 maximum but actually getting a 6v6 was almost impossible. It was mainly 3v3/4v4 games you got but it was still the best multiplayer game I have played.

    Numbers shouldn't matter if the game is good.
     
    Inapplicable, Jan 13, 2014
    #30
Thema:

What does Titanfall offer for offline players?

Loading...
  1. What does Titanfall offer for offline players? - Similar Threads - does Titanfall offer

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  9. Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders Community does not feel welcoming: Gotta be honest, as a huge Xbox fan, I’m disappointed. I’m a busy dad with work commitments who joined Insider excited to give my spare time to Xbox, test things, report bugs and hopefully make a...
  10. Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what time disc to digital comes out for insiders / what time updates...: Just curious if I should expect to be able to start the download before leaving for work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Bidoof117 [link] [comments]