What does NAT Type mean?

Discus and support What does NAT Type mean? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Oh well, thanks for the response. I think it's just the network traffic. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SwampDawgg, Jan 11, 2014.

  1. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest

    What does NAT Type mean?


    Oh well, thanks for the response. I think it's just the network traffic.
     
    vikingland1, Jan 12, 2014
    #16
  2. SwampDawgg
    SwampDawgg Guest
    My system info tells me that the NAT type is open from the xbox one home screen but when I go into a game (COD) it always shows it as moderate. Should I just shoot the whole system?????
     
    SwampDawgg, Jan 12, 2014
    #17
  3. I was using a strict NAT the first month or so using my X1 ....Got into my online games fine for a while until one day it wouldn't let me on anything lol...all day and night for about a week i just fought with my X1 and router cuzz some hours i was able
    to get in a game some hours i couldn't ...i about nearly wanted to throw my router out the window along with the X1 lol cuzz i never had problems like this with any other gaming console and im dumb when it comes to messing with router settings lol....well
    anyway i had no idea the firmware in my router was outdated and that fix everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should of seen my face when that bad boy finally said " open" i literally turned on and off my X1 like 5 times just to make sure it
    wasn't a glitch!!!! i never thought i could do it but I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 12, 2014
    #18
  4. WHlTE KNIGHT
    WHlTE KNIGHT Guest

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Happens occasionally for me, just turn my router off and on and its fixed.
     
    WHlTE KNIGHT, Jan 12, 2014
    #19
  5. SwampDawgg
    SwampDawgg Guest
    Now the system is saying that it is behind a "cone"????? what the hell does that mean???
     
    SwampDawgg, Jan 12, 2014
    #20
  6. Mine says the same and everything works fine for me....i dont pay attention to all the statistics honestly it just drives you crazy lol....as long as it says nat type OPEN im good...plus i have 0 issues playing anything even BF4 i get into any match i pick
    as of recent with the server stability.
     
    DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 12, 2014
    #21
  7. PhoenixRizez
    PhoenixRizez Guest
    I used to get this on my 360 occasionally, it's generally NOT the console causing it, the router is normally the problem. Make sure you're running an up to date firmware on the router, make sure your router isn't really old and check your router settings
    to make sure they're not messed up. But FIRST, like someone said above, try turning off and unplugging your router for about 10 seconds and restarting it, that normally fixes the NAT issues for most people...
     
    PhoenixRizez, Jan 17, 2014
    #22
  8. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Great tips on trouble shooting!
     
    COD 2 HALO, Jan 17, 2014
    #23
  9. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    Ok so on the ONE my cod ghost game says Nat open but my system is moderate, funny. My 360 does the same but I run it on WiFi. My boys ps3 runs WiFi and it always displays moderate for everything. Lol at the ps3. If I can get online tonight GOD WILLLING
    I will attempt to do a reboot of all the consoles connection settings. Hopefully have the two Xboxes run open Nat via wired connection and the ps3 run a open Nat via WiFi. You guys know how the wife or gf gets once we begin to setup our techy rehaul equipment
    up on a Friday night. (Oh Lord here he goes, gone for the next two days in his own world...)
     
    COD 2 HALO, Jan 17, 2014
    #24
  10. SwampDawgg
    SwampDawgg Guest
    Ok, I have finally managed to fix this issue. I spoke to a rep from my isp and got into one of those sessions where they control your desktop. The fellow couldn't actually DO the changes (liability??) but he told me which ports needed to be opened (forwarded).
    It was kind of funny, as I said he didn't make the changes but would hover the mouse over a blank space and say "maybe you should typr XXX here"!! etc.

    Hung up and I had it running in 15 minutes and believe me, I am a computer dummy.

    Never give up!!
     
    SwampDawgg, Oct 31, 2018
    #25
  11. COD 2 HALO Win User

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Ok so on the ONE my cod ghost game says Nat open but my system is moderate, funny. My 360 does the same but I run it on WiFi. My boys ps3 runs WiFi and it always displays moderate for everything. Lol at the ps3. If I can get online tonight GOD WILLLING
    I will attempt to do a reboot of all the consoles connection settings. Hopefully have the two Xboxes run open Nat via wired connection and the ps3 run a open Nat via WiFi. You guys know how the wife or gf gets once we begin to setup our techy rehaul equipment
    up on a Friday night. (Oh Lord here he goes, gone for the next two days in his own world...)
  12. WHlTE KNIGHT Win User

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Happens occasionally for me, just turn my router off and on and its fixed.
  13. vikingland1 Win User

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Oh well, thanks for the response. I think it's just the network traffic.
  14. MaximumExtreme Win User

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Moderate you should be fine but open is always better. If you really wanted to change it you would have to go into your router's settings and enable UPnP and uncheck NAT.
  15. SwampDawgg Win User

    What does NAT Type mean?

    Karch: certainly not something I was aware of. Thank you for the heads up!!! See you on-line
Thema:

What does NAT Type mean?

Loading...
  1. What does NAT Type mean? - Similar Threads - does NAT Type

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Why does Xbox Series S still show the old `xbox.com/xboxone/NAT` link?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox Series S still show the old `xbox.com/xboxone/NAT` link?: I noticed something on my Xbox Series S. Whenever my console has no internet connection or Xbox network services are unavailable, the network screen shows a support link that says:...
  8. Why does my NAT type constantly change on my Xbox series x?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my NAT type constantly change on my Xbox series x?: Every time I test my NAT type, it consistently switches between open and moderate. I’ve tried clearing my cache, I’ve tried clearing the MAC address, I’ve reset UPnP through my service provider,...
  9. Does NAT type matter on fiberoptic internet?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does NAT type matter on fiberoptic internet?: Hi, I just switched to ACD. They have TRUE fiber Internet all the way into your house. The speeds are incredible! But......ever since switching, my Xbox constantly goes to "moderate" NAT type...
  10. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...