What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion)

Discus and support What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Did you ever want to change your gamertag? Maybe you had a dumb name when you were 11 back on the 360, maybe your gamertag represents a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oscarjohna, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Oscarjohna
    Oscarjohna Guest

Hello everyone! Did you ever want to change your gamertag? Maybe you had a dumb name when you were 11 back on the 360, maybe your gamertag represents a dead game that you no longer play, maybe you simply just want a fresh, new cool name. Whatever the reason,
    if you ever wanted to change your gamertag, you had to give Microsoft a "small" fee of $8. It's ridiculous, or at least in my opinion. Honestly, why not make it free. It feels like Microsoft just want to get more of your money. I think a good system for gamertag changing
    would be that changes would be free, but you have to wait at least two weeks to change your name again. What do you think? Should it be free or should it cost money, and if so, how much? It would be great to see your opinions.

:)

Oscarjohna, Sep 4, 2018
  2. What do you think about this??

Why won't any of you think of the children!!

[

It's nice to read a hearty discussion.

[

I can see it now:

[

You get killed by a a landmine and it comes up on your screen "In the time it takes you to respawn, 6 adults, 19 children, 3 goats & a donkey all lost a limb due to landmines...Now get back in the fight1"

MiNOR THREAT xx, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Gamer Tag changed! [Discussion & Opinions?]

[quote user="Snack Cabinet"]
    So my formal name, as some of you know, was ElectricPoptart. My new Gamer Tag as you can see is Snack Cabinet. So what do you guys think? :3

[/quote]I personally think ElectricPoptart is a millions times better than Snack Cabinet, but what do i know?

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Sep 4, 2018
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

I think it's a fair asking price, it's not something you'd be doing every other week, unlike if it were free then people would be doing it all the time. I'd assume there are costs involved in switching things around when a gamertag change takes place so
    the small fee is fine with me.

EggsBoxJuan, Sep 4, 2018
  5. Jav0r
    Jav0r Guest
    It's fair, I'm sure there is some admin labor involved when people change their gamertag. Also, it prevents people from doing it often on a whim.

Jav0r, Sep 4, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    I also believe it's fair. Too many people would abuse the free change.

Smwutches, Sep 4, 2018
  7. Ezzn
    Ezzn Guest
    Its a good price.. I would do it if you really want to change your gamertag.

Ezzn, Sep 4, 2018
  8. What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion)

As with most (if not all) gaming communities I've been involved with, there is/was always a "fee" for things like name/character change. I think the fee is fair.

xxxTIMBURYxxx, Sep 4, 2018
  9. Ferdy F1
    Ferdy F1 Guest
    I think it's ridiculous asking money for it, but i agree with the fact that changing your name shouldn't be made easy. I think a periode of 6 months or a year between changes is better.

You don't get those idiots that need to change their gamertag every time a new game comes out., but you still enable the people that are of good will, but don't have a enough money to change it.

Ferdy F1, Sep 4, 2018
  10. I think its fair. The fee should cover the admin cost in changing your gamertag and serves as a barrier to stop people changing every few days or weeks.

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 4, 2018
  11. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest
    I personally have no issues with it.

If there was no fee, then the entire service would be flooded with inappropriate gamertags. It would be even more of a chore for the enforcement team to do their job properly. That's just my opinion though.

CIDkidzPILLZ, Sep 4, 2018
  12. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    It’s a bit steep. €5 would be better with a waiting period between doing it.

brandiesel1, Sep 4, 2018
  13. What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion)

At least they let you do it. SONY does not. I think its fair.

coco meat train, Sep 4, 2018
  14. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    I think it's fair. On Twitter people can change their names all the time and it can get confusing. With the fee in place it deters users from doing this.

bowski477, Sep 4, 2018
  15. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    That's about to change very soon and about time too What do you think about the  price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion) :)

EggsBoxJuan, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion) - Similar Threads - price tag gamertag

2. Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle

in XboX Insiders
    Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle: I'm pretty sure what the game pack (Bio Inc. Redemption + Crossroads Inn) isn't meant to be 2.099,99€. Is it bug for anybody else? submitted by /u/JamesWhiteWolf20 [link] [comments]
  3. I would like to know the specs and why the xbox is powerfull for its price

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to know the specs and why the xbox is powerfull for its price: I wonder what the specs are in the series x beacuse i wanna see how more powerful it is than my pc I had it for about 6 years and wanna see the hardware diffrence...
  4. Store question Underworld bundle price?

in XBoX on Windows
    Store question Underworld bundle price?: Hi, store question. Why can I buy each underworld movie individually for $5 (there's 5 movies total) but as a bundle it costs $50 exactly double. Can someone explain this to me? For get the usual...
  5. Ace combat 7 dlc has a wrong price tag in the MX store

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ace combat 7 dlc has a wrong price tag in the MX store: Greetings I was checking out Ace combat 7 experimental dlc and saw that its price was a little bit too much so I checked out in other platforms and in other regions The cost didnt exceed over...
  6. battlefield 5 Price tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    battlefield 5 Price tag: [img] if you look on the price on battlefield it is 179.00NOK. but if i click on it the price go up to 899.00NOK i think there is a scam or something.. 50becb52-9428-48d1-9b26-9d09d62dd8b9
  7. 29.99 price tag on Black Ops 1?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    29.99 price tag on Black Ops 1?: WTF is up with the 29.99 price tag on Black Ops 1? Half of the original Retail price is a complete joke.... on us consumers. 1304d511-0b67-449e-b287-86737dd3f7f3
  8. Is Need for speed worth it at 35.99 price tag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Need for speed worth it at 35.99 price tag?: As title states. Considering all the cons the game has and the boycott by a large chunk of the nfs fanbase. Due to always online mainly. Do you guys think it's worth it for 35.99? The game still...
  9. Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just lost 9.99 due to "Gold Exclusive Price" tag bug: A little while ago I purchased a Live Membership for $9.99 because I was browsing the Xbox Marketplace, specifically this part:...
  10. How do YOU Justify Paying the Full Retail Price Tag on Video Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do YOU Justify Paying the Full Retail Price Tag on Video Games?: Basically what the title says, how do you justify the full price tag on video games?. For me, it's all about how many hours I think I will put into the game. Titanfall does not have as much...