What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

Discus and support What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I00FEDYURMUM PLZ don't, Apr 13, 2024.

1. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I cannot get to because no input is going through to the console. I have a hard drive hooked up to my system but that's the only thing I have hooked up to it. I really hope it's not a hardware issue because controllers are not cheap.

:)

I00FEDYURMUM PLZ don't, Apr 13, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely unresponsive to every input on the controller?

HI, I00FEDYURMUM! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your controller.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.
    - Remove your controller's batteries and USB cable (if applicable).
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Remove all external devices from the console's USB ports.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox
    One, you'll need to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the
    outlet.
    - Plug the power cord back in. If possible, please use one of the wall's outlets.
    - Put the batteries back in the controller.
    - Turn your console on and check if the issues persist.

* If necessary, try pairing your controller again.

If this doesn't work, could you check if your controller works correctly when connected via a USB cable?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

Why does my xbox stay on when I turn it off?

Do you have the controller plugged in when you turn it off or do you have anything downloading from the marketplace if so the system should stay on till A: battery is charged or B: the download is complete and the system should turn itself off after one
    or the other is done if neither of those apply than I am not sure.
  4. CMVanRiper Win User

I believe my Xbox One Controller is interfering with my WiFi.

Probably will try something else. The controller is definitely what is doing it because if I turn the Xbox on but keep the controller off, the WiFi stays on.
  5. rxzerz Win User

Black screen of death?

Sorry for the late reply but I cant connect my controllers my keyboard lights up and so does my mouse but my controller doesnt work or even turn on what do I do and it says system error E102
  6. KvraIG Win User

controls do not turn off in '' immediate '' mode [xbox one FAT]

Hi Javier, I already did the factory restore procedure (both modes, the complete and the partial).

My controls do not turn off only when I turn the console off in '' Instant-on '' mode.
Thema:

What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

1. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely... - Similar Threads - controller turns stays

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Controller not turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not turning on.: Its been barely 6 months since I got my Xbox series S, recently my controller disconnected mid match and I at first assumed it was my play and charge battery being low (didn't get the notification...
  8. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.: One day i wanted to play some games but suddendly my xbox controller doesnt turn on! If i click the Xbox button it wont turn on and when you hold the button it makes a silent beep sound which is...
  9. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  10. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...