What do I do if my game simply won’t update?

Discus and support What do I do if my game simply won’t update? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As I attempted to open minecraft the game said it needed an update so I clicked update. However, it is now stuck and will not actually update the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UncorkedGuppy, Jun 16, 2023.

1. What do I do if my game simply won’t update?

As I attempted to open minecraft the game said it needed an update so I clicked update. However, it is now stuck and will not actually update the game even though it shows it in the queue. I can’t cancel the update, pause the update, or even uninstall minecraft itself as the Xbox simply wont let me. I’ve tried restarting my Xbox, disconnecting it from the internet, and unplugging it but nothing has worked yet. Please help!
    What do I do if my game simply won’t update? [​IMG]

:)

UncorkedGuppy, Jun 16, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Kindly check first if you have enough space for the update on your hard drive.

If your console has enough space, please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. CGill3 Win User

I can’t install any games

There’s no offline update too be done it’s simply my game installs then says installation has stopped and it won’t restart I’m getting quite frustrated now because what’s the point in me paying for online etc if I can’t play the latest games is there someone who’s from Xbox who you can speak to about this is?
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

My front usb won’t work and I do not know what to do

my advise would be to stop tripping on the wire, if you have done it 3 times already and not learnt to avoid it or find a way to make it safe then all hope is lost, the usb port will be damaged so you would need to take to a local repair store to have the port replaced. or you could just not use that port.
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

My front usb won’t work and I do not know what to do

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

If the only problem with your console is the front USB ports then it would not warrant buying a new console, but that's just my personal opinion. You can work around the issue by either having your console serviced or by buying a port expansion and plugging it into the back of your console. However, since most of these are 3rd party products you will have to search for them on your own.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  6. Raspy Mirror_654 Win User

Trying to sign into Xbox live on an XBox 360 error 8015000A

So the old profile needs the password re-entering or perhaps more - not able to do this.

Does anyone know if deleting the profile which owns the games - will remove the games already installed? I’m assuming it won’t but that it means they can’t be re-downloaded - but I wouldn’t be able to do that anyway as it is.

Alternatively I could clear the cache - but it specifically says downloaded game updates (not system) will be removed- and again i have no clue if you need to be signed into any Xbox live account, signed into the account that purchased the game, or simply connected to the internet without being signed in- for a game to update itself.
Thema:

1. What do I do if my game simply won’t update? - Similar Threads - game simply won’t

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  5. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  6. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  7. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  8. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  9. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  10. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...