What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in?

Discus and support What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; At the time, I had thought I was connecting my Minecraft and Discord account so i could see my stats and guild info in the server instead of logging... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chase2107, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Chase2107
    Chase2107 Guest

What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in?

At the time, I had thought I was connecting my Minecraft and Discord account so i could see my stats and guild info in the server instead of logging onto the game. After i received and email for the verification code, and put it into the discord prompt, i was immediately banned from the server, upon further investigation, my account hasnt been logged into by an unknown device. ive changed my password so far, what else can i do to make sure i can keep my Microsoft account safe?

:)

Chase2107, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Chase2107,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Chase2107,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you've experienced this issue. It's important to take immediate action to secure your account and prevent any further unauthorized access. Here are the steps you can take to ensure the safety of your Microsoft account:

1. Change your password: You've already taken this step, which is great. Make sure to choose a strong and unique password that you haven't used before. Avoid using common words or phrases, and include a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

2. Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a second form of verification, such as a code sent to your phone or email, in addition to your password. To enable two-factor authentication, go to the Security settings page of your Microsoft account and follow the prompts.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

3. Check your account activity: Review your recent account activity to see if there have been any unauthorized sign-ins or other suspicious activity. You can do this by going to the Recent activity page of your Microsoft account.

4. Check your account recovery information: Make sure that your recovery email or phone number hasn't been changed.

5. Be vigilant: Moving forward, be cautious of any emails or messages that ask for your personal information or login credentials. Phishing scams can be very convincing, so it's important to be vigilant and double-check the sender and the content of any messages before responding.

You can also review this article for more details of how to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Donniehun Win User

profile download issues.....

Hi,

The only time it would happen if you entered a wrong email address when it is asking you. I mean when it is asking you to enter an email that you have as a security proof but the entered email is not the same as you cannot see it but it still gives you the
    message that it sent the code. This feature is mostly security against phishers so what ever they enter it will say ok code is sent. You should have an option for 'I don't have these anymore'.
  5. Marwood II 87 Win User

More Shift Gold Key Codes Inbound!!

I signed up to shift last week, when do I get my code(s) and do they get sent to my email?
  6. TheCosmo Win User

I forgot which Microsoft email I migrated my minecraft account to

Hey there, thanks for getting back with a response

First of all, I stated that I had forgotten the email that had been used to migrate my Minecraft account as what I said on my first email. Is there potentially i could take a look on what emails i used to migrate my Minecraft account? I do infact own the very first email that was used after the purchase of the minecraft account itself which was on 2019 ish.

Thanks
Thema:

1. What do I do if a potential phisher has a code sent to my email for a Minecraft sign in? - Similar Threads - potential phisher has

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  6. Potential class action lawsuits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential class action lawsuits: Are there any class action lawsuits I can join for having Microsoft brick my xboxone with the new update? None of the trouble shooting worked and I was informed I'd have to spend 100s of dollars...
  7. Potential ssd issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential ssd issue: Anyone able to confirm this as being a ssd issue When ever I'm turning off my xbox series x it appears to be factory resetting it's self every time without fail...
  8. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  9. Potential Child Predator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Potential Child Predator: So after playing an online game this for SURE grown [mod removed] was asking me how old I was and if I was single (im 27f) but i got the ICK from this dude and so I lied and said I was 15. He said...
  10. Canada Xbox Series X store potential issue

in XboX Insiders
    Canada Xbox Series X store potential issue: Is Paramount+ not available on the Canadian store as an app or is this an issue with my latest build? I contacted Paramount+ support I received a generic response on how to install their app....