What do I do accidentally purchased a game for myself instead of my friend

Discus and support What do I do accidentally purchased a game for myself instead of my friend in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to buy a digital gift for my friend I thought I could be tech savvy as I seen it was possible but now I own a game I don’t want and will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by shBrown75, Jan 10, 2024.

1. shBrown75
    shBrown75 Guest

I was trying to buy a digital gift for my friend I thought I could be tech savvy as I seen it was possible but now I own a game I don’t want and will never play can I somehow transfer it to them or something? I just purchased it.

:)

shBrown75, Jan 10, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello ShBrown75! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer content. You would have to request a refund and then gift to your friend.
  3. Smwutches Win User

I accidentally reported my friend. What do I do?

He would have to submit a case review to see about being unsuspended, but there's nothing you could do.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Accidental purchase and what I should do

How long ago did you reply to the email? It can take a few days to get a response, especially if there is a weekend right after.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Accidental purchase and what I should do

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this OLLIESHORT

Is this the refund form that you sent?

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If yes, you can actually file an appeal for the results of the refund.

All you need to do is to reply to the email that was sent to you by the refund team, you can reply with a detailed explanation so they can review your request again and grant you a possible exception.

PS: here in the public forums no one can access / modify / view account details due to privacy and security policies. Please don't share your email address, order number or similar information
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

I just made a new friend and....

I can't access my friends list, but it's all good. I don't need to see what they are doing to enjoy my game by myself.
Thema:

1. What do I do accidentally purchased a game for myself instead of my friend - Similar Threads - accidentally purchased game

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?: I made an accidental purchase . I did not want or have any intention of it . Need a refund please. 8ade9264-5824-4d74-8b3e-12926234c8c0
  4. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  5. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  6. What do i do, i accidentally purchased fifa 23 points when i want fifa 24 points!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do i do, i accidentally purchased fifa 23 points when i want fifa 24 points!?: I accidentally in a rush purchased 12000 ans 2900 points for fifa 23 when i wanted them for fifa 24 203e4370-1c1d-4140-a447-f1cfeccdd484
  7. So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...: It's called mortal shell enhanced edition and I didn't mean purchase it but I can't get my money back because it was to late. 50bce006-4fb6-4150-9a95-72652f0a61dc
  8. accidental purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidental purchase: i did buy game pass ultimate by a mistake and i cant refund it now can you pls help ? 88071e43-deef-457d-bc26-9c9d121fc6f3
  9. How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase?: How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase? 36e2e501-c56c-4119-9d48-4ff14b1a7167
  10. How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought. 2k23 and want a refund please 786638c2-06fb-4178-bedf-ea3893bbee6a