What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...

Discus and support What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a Xbox wireless controller from Target back in January of this year. The right joystick has now developed drift where I move it up or down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJMirnum, May 8, 2023.

1. DJMirnum
    DJMirnum Guest

What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift...

I purchased a Xbox wireless controller from Target back in January of this year. The right joystick has now developed drift where I move it up or down and character(s) and the selections on the screen keep moving after I take my thumb off the joy stick.

My questions are this:

Is Microsoft able to help figure out a solution or am I out of luck and will have to shell out another $70 to get a new one?

:)

DJMirnum, May 8, 2023
  2. DJMirnum Win User

What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift to get it fixed?

Just check the link you shared and it looks like I'm screwed. Guess I'll have to buy another controller which I wish I didn't have to do.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift to get it fixed?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your controller problem.

If your controller is still in warranty, you can always have that sent in for service but if this is no longer in warranty, you would have to pay for this already.

What type of controller do you have?

Please also check the warranty by registering it here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  4. yessir12092 Win User

Xbox one s keeps scrolling down

I only have one controller. what would joystick drifting do?
  5. STF le hot Win User

Right stick keeps looking up! HELP!

What should i do i have a elite controller and the two joystick drift ...help me
  6. Stephanie Graham3 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

I just got a Xbox controller for Christmas. And as soon as I connected it to my Xbox it had drift on the right joystick. I opened the controller right from the box and didn’t get any dust of anything like that near it but still it drifts. I wanted a new Xbox controller because my old controller had drift. Crazy how out of the box it already has drift.
Thema:

1. What course of action do I have with a Xbox Wireless Controller with a right-joystick drift... - Similar Threads - course action Wireless

2. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  3. Potential class action lawsuits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential class action lawsuits: Are there any class action lawsuits I can join for having Microsoft brick my xboxone with the new update? None of the trouble shooting worked and I was informed I'd have to spend 100s of dollars...
  4. Why Am I Receiving A Failed To Do Action

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Am I Receiving A Failed To Do Action: Hi so I read earlier about someone having this same issue but it been xbox with PC but Me and my boyfriend are both on pc. Ive checked literally every setting possible and have invites enabled,...
  5. I’m about to start a class action!

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m about to start a class action!: I have had this issue for a while and I know many others have as well. My series x will read some games but not all, for example the ones I had issues with were red dead redemption and far cry 3....
  6. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  7. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  8. Locked out of purchased courses

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of purchased courses: I've been locked out of 2 add on courses I've paid for 9968b4f8-03ca-4512-9e22-7acd462875ce
  9. Watch Udemy courses on my Xbox One x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Watch Udemy courses on my Xbox One x: I'm trying to watch my Udemy bought content and, by using the chrome edge app, I cannout reproduce the videos using my One X console. I tried to change some settings in the browser (like...
  10. mon jeu (fh4) quitte en cours de lancement[Translation-my game (fh4) leaves during launch]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mon jeu (fh4) quitte en cours de lancement[Translation-my game (fh4) leaves during launch]: Quand je lance le jeu, il démarre comme il faut il charge et tout... jusqu'ici, rien d'anormal. Puis, après avoir affiché les commandes pour la manette, l'écran devient noir et ça revient sur le...