What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

Discus and support What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gemma -, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Gemma -
    Gemma - Guest

What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

Hello Community,

Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and account recovery form), and we were assured the account was secured and being investigated (told we would hear back within 24hrs).
    Dec 26th, after receiving no assistance (despite additional live chats and support requests) we managed to verify and regain access to the account using the online verification form. We changed the password and notified Microsoft immediately, and requested they remove the hacker's email from the account verification.

Dec 28th, the account was locked by Microsoft.

We have submitted numerous recovery requests, successfully verified the account twice more, and made contact with the Privacy, Support, and Case Management Departments (all simply respond with links to the same online forms, which we fill and submit again each time).

Despite all of this, nothing has been done to re-activate the account or allow use of the purchased software it contains.

What are my next steps to recover the account, profiles (used for multiple platforms), and software?

:)

Gemma -, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Rostom L Win User

My account does not exist?

If Microsoft locked your account, you should be able to receive a notification from them and your account should still exist. In regard to changing our account's sensitive information such as aliases, Microsoft can never do that on our accounts due to system restrictions or account security in place. Only us the account owners have full access to our accounts.
  3. Evo Fire Win User

Comcast Xfinity internet nat issue xbox one ports

lol it dont matter what the model of the modem is i cant change anything on it its restricted access so it really dont matter the modem is LOCKED the only thing i can do is plug it in and hope it connects to the internet when i unplug it.... i can not change
    anything on it it is restricted the modem has only one thing when you connect to it and it tells you that you can not access the modem you do not have permissions to access this device
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can You're Xbox account get banned for installing RetroArch in retale

There is no way to know what type of ban you can receive if finally an enforcement action is made in your account.

Can be a couple days restriction or your whole Microsoft account could be locked.

But as I said, no one knows.

Just don't use the app
  5. kLdByaCleverFoe Win User

Offline account

Parental controls only work if they sign into that account. There is a glaring loop-hole you should be aware of to get arount personal account restrictions:

It doesn't matter how secure you make any and all accounts on your xbox one: all you have to do [when you go to log-in] is select Add account, go through the steps, lie abut your age, set your own restrictions [select unrestricted on everything] and now
    you have access to everything. period.

there is no setting to restrict access to this, so anyone can do it, at any time [and then delete it after to hide that it was done]. There are no "Admin" or "Global" restriction settings available to prevent this.
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Do you find xbox live support helpful?

[quote user="PreciseStudent5"]but do you find the word 'nipples' offensive? [/quote]

Depending on its context,it could be offensive.

If microsoft have decided to ban you based on that,then its context was offensive.

[quote user="PreciseStudent5"]"your account is your responsibility at ALL times." Yes that is true, but so is my car, my dog etc etc[/quote]

yes,so when your not by your car what do you do,you lock it right?

so lock your account,put a password on the account,put a passcode on to stop it accessing xbox live.

these things are set up for this exact reason,to stop people accessing your account.
Thema:

1. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to... - Similar Threads - Microsoft wrongfully locks

2. Why is my Microsoft rewards not letting me get my Robux? I didn't do anything wrong and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Microsoft rewards not letting me get my Robux? I didn't do anything wrong and I...: [img] Please let me get my Robux, I didn't do anything, please fix. eb553cbc-8adf-4073-820b-7f3b3db70b6d
  3. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  4. error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store: error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store This is what it says when I try to open efootbal on my laptop hp core i7 8 gb ram...
  5. Logged into wrong X-Box account after account migration from one Microsoft account to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Logged into wrong X-Box account after account migration from one Microsoft account to another: Was faced with a very specific issue today which involves me being locked from using any games associated with my X-Box account. In order to explain the issue, it is best to describe a timeline of...
  6. Microsoft account connected to the wrong minecraft account??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account connected to the wrong minecraft account??: HI! I've had Minecraft for years and I've used a specific account. I have had no issues with the migration of Microsoft and Minecraft and after that happened I was till able to use the account I...
  7. Microsoft logs into the wrong account (windows)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft logs into the wrong account (windows): When I try to sign into the minecraft launcher with my microsoft account, it signs me into an account named royaledonut. Before the last time I remember playing (7/28/2023), using the same...
  8. Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator with wrong account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator with wrong account: Hello. I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Edition for Windows for my son. The problem is that I may have installed the game while signed in to my Microsoft account, and not his, so the...
  9. Something went wrong message as soon as I open Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong message as soon as I open Microsoft store: Every time I open the Microsoft store It tell me something went wrong I have other accounts on my xbox and when I log in to one of those it doesn't do the same thing its only on this account...
  10. I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.: When I try to recover the password, it resets the password of the wrong account, what can I do? I have the usernames of both accounts if that helps. 21bf2768-f6c9-4a7d-bd6c-4244a56ff670