What can Xbox Fans do to make Microsoft/Xbox restart support for Kinect 2.0 usage in games...

Discus and support What can Xbox Fans do to make Microsoft/Xbox restart support for Kinect 2.0 usage in games... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What will it take for Microsoft's Xbox arm to fully support Kinect 2.0 on Xbox Series X? Would a Kickstarter Campaign, Digital Petition, or the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KOTH4X, Jun 21, 2020.

1. KOTH4X
    KOTH4X Guest

What can Xbox Fans do to make Microsoft/Xbox restart support for Kinect 2.0 usage in games...

What will it take for Microsoft's Xbox arm to fully support Kinect 2.0 on Xbox Series X? Would a Kickstarter Campaign, Digital Petition, or the Xbox Insider Feedback get this
    question answered? The company has already stated that "[the eighth generation peripherals] will indeed work on Xbox Series X". That shows that one would be able to use the kinect adapter and plug in a Kinect 2.0. I believe, however, that Xbox is missing
    a huge chunk of their fanbase's voice in their quest to redeem the great Green name of Xbox.

Our voices are being drowned out by the negativity that people often show while socializing online. There are MANY people (like myself) who purchased a Launch Xbox One with the Kinect 2.0 sensor. The Xbox One was clearly underpowered
    when released and I feel that it was ultimately held back by the hardware it was attached to.

There were/are those of us who actually wanted the Xbox One to be all digital. To have our purchases tied to our gamertags/Microsoft Accounts. To own licenses vs. plastic discs.
    These days connecting to the internet once every week, to confirm you own the game, isn't even an afterthought in 2020. What most people do not realize is that Microsoft planned on offering their customers:

1.) The ability to sell/gift/give licenses to other Xbox Live users,

2.) Offer the current Smart Delivery service and ensure that the licenses you purchased would be backwards and forward compatible.

3.) Create Kinect 2.0 along with other Mixed Reality devices and completely reinvent home console gaming.

but negative people killed the Innovative Console dreamscape.

Please Microsoft, we're begging to be heard!

The Kinect SDK on Windows 10 shows that only the surface was truly touched when it comes to getting usage out of the Kinect 2.0 Sensor. You can find further evidence when you look into the fact that Microsoft removed voice commands from the Xbox One and
    it made the UI faster. The device could not handle the pure potential of the Kinect 2.0 Sensor. Kinect 2.0 paired with my mid-range gaming PC allows me to walk in the room and instantly be allowed access into my device via Windows Hello. Xbox One games like
    Forza Motorsport 5 allowed for Head tracking. Many Kinect 2.0 games were dialed back because the Xbox One was so underpowered. The Xbox Series X, with it's High-end Gaming PC Graphics, could really allow developers to harness the capabilities of this device.

So I restate my question: If I wanted to build a community of Xbox fans that also use and/or want to use the Kinect 2.0 Sensor on their Xbox Series X, what would I need to do, or where would I start?

:)

KOTH4X, Jun 21, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: