What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on...

Discus and support What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on and then turns off b43c1a19-9640-44ef-b293-8cbb5d3ba3c1 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christopher Hunter1, Aug 29, 2023.

1. What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on...

What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on and then turns off

:)

Christopher Hunter1, Aug 29, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on and then turns off

Hello Christopher ! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you have this issue. How many red lights do you get? Generally this indicates either a hardware failure or overheating issue. You could unplug the console for a while to see if anything changes.
  3. FLuX x KillzZ Win User

Power Brick Issues

My Xbox 360 always turns of aswell and my powerbrick light turns red. What should I do?
  4. MIRACLExGrenade Win User

Random Disconnects and lagging out of Xbox Live Party Chat

Just disconnected again. This time I noticed that the light on my wireless adapter turned red. It then flickered back to green then back to red and finally switched back to green and stayed their. I don't know if wireless adapters can just give out or if
    that is what mine is doing.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox 360 not turning on

Hi CatWindheart568

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with powering on your xbox 360 console. I understand this can be frustrating, so I’ll do my best to help.

You mentioned when you turned on the console before, there was a red ring around the power button. How many red rings were visible? Does that red ring still appear?

Also, what colour light is showing on the power supply?

Both the colour of power supply light and the amount of red rings, signify/indicate different issues and causes.

This is explained in more detail here:

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-xbox-360-that-wont-turn-on-4177136

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Xbox-360-Not-Turning-on?amp=1

^These will also guide you through troubleshooting steps and possible solutions.

Hopefully this helps to solve the issue or at least identify exactly what’s causing this.

Let us know if this gets sorted for you, if you have any questions I’m happy to help 😊
  6. Liquatic Win User

power issue

Thema:

What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on...

1. What can I do if my Xbox 360 S is turning on but shows a red light when it's switched on... - Similar Threads - 360 turning shows

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  4. Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console: My friend sent me a message on his Xbox one and the only way I can message them currently is through Xbox 360. If I cannot reply to messages in time and forget to reply to them and turn off my...
  5. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  6. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  9. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....
  10. My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...: Currently playing fable 3 and my Xbox just randomly shuts off. Any suggestions other than hard reset? b4c2f001-e52c-4c3a-a2a9-18b5830f4ae3