What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number...

Discus and support What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I no longer have my xbox one device but I want to recover my account for my xbox series X, I know the email address and gamer tag to my name, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Noel Quintero, Aug 17, 2023.

1. What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number...

I no longer have my xbox one device but I want to recover my account for my xbox series X, I know the email address and gamer tag to my name, but the contact email address and phone number no longer use.

:)

Noel Quintero, Aug 17, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number or elias to change my password?

3. Francia J. Win User

What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number or elias to change my password?

Hi Noel Quintero!

You need to fill up the recovery form and provide as much accurate information as possible for you to recover your account.

I have here the recovery form for you: https://account.live.com/acsr

And here's an additional helpful link with tips for you to have a higher chance of recovering your account:

support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Forgot minecraft email!!

i want to recover an old minecraft account but i have no clue what email was used to create the account. there likely isnt a phone number attached to the account, but if i am reminded of the email i can probably somehow recover the email. please help!
    looking at other posts similar, i would like to clarify, i dont know my email for this account, minecraft.net directed me here.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

If you have a Skype username or phone number associated with the same account then you can recover it using that but otherwise youd have to find out the email somehow. Its not possible to recover an account without it and support can't tell you what the email is.
  5. NeutralAim Win User

I can't get access to my correct Microsoft account.

Hi.

I forgot to mention that I have also tried this. Since, as I mentioned, in my initial attempts to recover my account I tried logging in with my phone number. My email address was attached to that account which I didn't know existed. So, in short, the email address that I'm trying to "recover" isn't attached to the correct account. This is the problem. The very fact that the email address wouldn't let me sign into Microsoft in the first place, shows that my account no longer exists. I did not delete my account, nor did I authorise anyone else to delete it. In the account recovery form, it asks for the email/phone number/skype id used with that account. I don't know what my skype id was, and both the email address and phone number aren't tied to that account for some reason. It then attempts to verify that the account is mine by asking for the Xbox gamertag. I can provide that, but since the account isn't tied to that tag, it's going to reject it as it will think that I'm logging into the wrong account.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Account Sign-In questions

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid only way to recover an Xbox account is via the account recovery form here https://account.live.com/password/reset

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too.

A Microsoft account cannot be recovered using the gamertag alone. Without the phone number nor the email, I'm afraid nothing can be done.
Thema:

What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number...

1. What can be done if I want to recover my xbox account but no longer have the phone number... - Similar Threads - done recover account

2. My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...: My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too but nothing is working please help me a7c364c5-8e00-42a3-9d5e-1e2e8ffda0f3
  3. I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...: I've been having connection issues so I did a full factory reset. It's not allowing me to play my games offline. I haven't even used the 'home' Xbox feature as far as I know and yet it won't allow...
  4. Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...: Microsoft replied back via email saying, "We double checked your account and found it's not eligible for a refund. REASON: There are no charges on your account and other account matching the...
  5. Xbox pops up not showing when recording is done.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox pops up not showing when recording is done.: Hi I am having issues with recording to an external hard drive that is a WD Xbox 500 GB. Sometimes when the recording is done the pop-up doesn't show and when I check the video in the media...
  6. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  7. Is my Xbox One S done for?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Xbox One S done for?: My Xbox one s has all of the sudden started to not even boot up anymore. I will be stuck on the green Xbox screen for some time, then maybe a white loading screen for a few minutes or sometimes...
  8. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  9. My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...: My xbox 1 x it has an issue it take 20 min on xbox load screen and 30 min after it's done loading it's a black screen and when I try to play anything the console sh uts off and idk what is the...
  10. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7