What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle?

Discus and support What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Series X. Under the Alpha ring. I have "power saving" mode on (should be a full shutdown) Console and game updates off. Remote features off. Captures... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VizricK, Jan 25, 2023.

1. /u/VizricK
    /u/VizricK Guest

Series X. Under the Alpha ring.

I have "power saving" mode on (should be a full shutdown) Console and game updates off. Remote features off. Captures never auto upload. (Usually do my firmware updates manually on boot.)

I turn the Xbox on and go to the network settings. 16gb of data usage in the last hour. (And it always happening; 20gb here, another 5gb there. Same goes for just booting the console up i am downloading 500mb of ads every 30min. I have a small friends list so how much info am I really receiving from them) One would think in your venture in going "green" it wouldn't be pushed onto the customer. If I go on my router and start trying to log/sniff the time and connections being established. Connect my Xbox to a meter what would it show me.

PG&E bill is not getting cheaper. And xfinity has a monthly data cap.

What is going on? You farming, using consoles as slaves. What is Microsoft doing? Are data usage/logs really weigh that much? Never seen that to be the case.

submitted by /u/VizricK
    [link] [comments]

/u/VizricK, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
  3. taidara Win User

Hotspot data usage

Maybe you could give us an hint of how much mobile data usage you can access on a monthly basis, before your usage is being capped/shaped/downgraded?

How much mobile data usage do you normally have on a monthly basis (hotspot/sharing excluded)?
  4. LadyJadey503 Win User

What is this?!?!

If you have automatic updates active you have to expect some data usage.
    Yeah. I'm aware of this. But. . . I always have them on and I've never gone over 200 GB in a month. I'm sorry but "some data usage" does NOT apply in this scenario.
  5. xxMH SOLOJONxx Win User

1st 250 Gig Data Limit Reached Notice From ISP

6. NathanielLarson Win User

data usage

Really it depends on what you are doing while you play and how good your connection is to the server. your internet speed. All of these different factors you need to take in. Either way, I don't know what your situation is but if your planning on doing online
    gaming I'd advise that you get unlimited data usage. I know 150 GB is no where near enough for the three xbox's we have running on our internet but I don't know about just 1 xbox. On average our house hold probably does about 25+ hours of gaming online combining
    all our consoles a week. But like I said it depends on your internet speed on how much data it will be using while playing.
Thema:

1. What are you doing? Why is there so much data usage while on idle? - Similar Threads - are doing Why

2. Why is it when I report someone you don’t do anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it when I report someone you don’t do anything: When I report someone you don’t kick them out of the game or anything but when you report me I get kicked out aae549a4-f885-45e2-b3c4-1208ed1aeb70
  3. Why do I get muted for something small cause somebody wants to harass me abt a game like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get muted for something small cause somebody wants to harass me abt a game like...: Chilling playing games and somebody doesn't stop bothering me I msg them back ect argument fumes but why should I get muted for something so small if I'm the one being bothered...
  4. Why do ”Looking for Group” posts get shared with your friends? More realistically, why is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do ”Looking for Group” posts get shared with your friends? More realistically, why is...: I’ve seen this partially answered before, claiming my friends would have to go to their privacy settings in order to not see my LFG posts. But since it’s involving MY privacy, why am I not...
  5. why do I constantly get your ads over and over when gaming?

in XBoX on Windows
    why do I constantly get your ads over and over when gaming?: tired of your obnoxious self-serving ads during gaming b9b00c1b-5a28-4b3b-bb1e-b7b416638620
  6. Why do i get page file size errors trying to open and play call of duty warzone 2.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i get page file size errors trying to open and play call of duty warzone 2.0: i have only tried playing one game. i am on windows 11. i downloaded battle.net and call of duty warzone 2.0 i get page file size errors and it wont load or open at all....
  7. Why do I have two usernames?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have two usernames?: I recently changed my Xbox username on my 360 and now when I go to my profile it shows my old name and then my new one under it. Please help ed340b09-b3a8-4d76-a266-907b9f5d22b3
  8. Why do my call back requests, never be answered?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do my call back requests, never be answered?: so over the course of a few months, I’ve requested over 100 call backs. It was getting to the point where I would request one every single day. It’s now 2023 and I still have not received one....
  9. Why do i get a warning for making a group post?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i get a warning for making a group post?: I made a group post for fallout 76 yesterday and i got a warning for saying "looking for syringer ammo will pay" is there anything that would trigger xbox? 06ca13ba-d66d-411e-a085-ba5fe2fb12f0
  10. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...