What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

Discus and support What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My daughter needs more storage space on her Xbox series s. She received a game for Christmas but can't play bc there's not enough space on her internal... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jenn M10, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Jenn M10
    Jenn M10 Guest

My daughter needs more storage space on her Xbox series s. She received a game for Christmas but can't play bc there's not enough space on her internal storage. My free time the last couple days I've researched storage options & read that external hard drive option can only store content but she'll have to instal from hard drive to internal storage every time. Is that correct? Is the best option to purchase expansion card that will plug into the back of her Xbox. And not have to reinstall a game everytime?

:)

Jenn M10, Dec 29, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If it is a Series X|S games, then the game can only be installed on the internal drive or on a external Seagate storage expansion card

https://www.xbox.com/en-Gb/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card or a Western Digital one

https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...sion-card-for-xbox-ssd?sku=WDBMPH0010BNC-WCSN These can store Xbox Series X|S games and be launched from them too.

Any backward Compatible title (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One) can be installed on an external drive and played from there too.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

What is the best storage option for Xbox One S

Hi there Victoria_Ruiz2007, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

The best option for additional storage for an Xbox One S console is an external hard drive.

There are a couple of requirements that the external hard drive must meet in order to work with the Xbox One S:

- It must have a USB 3.0 connection or higher.

- It must have a minimum capacity of 128 GB. The maximum size that the console detects is up to 16TB.

As long as these requirements are met, any external hard drive will work with the console.

You can find more useful information on the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. J1Oh1was Win User

Xbox storage

Hi Daryl Cardoza, I am josh and try my best to help you.

On xbox series X/S console have storage option.

Go to My games & apps—>Manage go to Storage devices then go to Change installation location. You are in Manage change installation location. In there you have option what storage you want to use for game and use for app and movie. You will have 2 or 3 option. Internal Storage use xbox console storage. Other one Storage Expansion Card is for new generation game but xbox console let you use it like normal internal Storage . Other option is let xbox decide mean xbox console choose for you.
  5. dempup Win User

Xbox Series X External HDD compatability

6. ngocphi Win User

How do you discuss a refund with Microsoft?

Because they use the same markerplace

It's best to note that next gen games are 89 bucks and up or labeled cross gen

Also next gen games MUST be put on internal storage oe storage card

Xbox one s is NOT series S

Series consoles are just xbox series s/x

Xbox one games don't have a requirement just xbox one

With ea though readd the dual entitlement requirements for more info
Thema:

1. What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S? - Similar Threads - are best options

2. elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?

in XboX Insiders
    elches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ?: Welches ist das beste Betriebssystem für ein Eigenbau-NAS ? Welches ist am besten für Anfänger geeignet ? Und gibt es NAS-Betriebssysteme kostenlos ? Wir geben euch einen Überblick und...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  5. What is the best storage option for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best storage option for Xbox One S: Looking for storage options for my son's Xbox One S? Not a gamer myself so I have no idea where to start. f45ca67b-40a6-43fd-a51c-96d6f0d950ed
  6. Which rechargeable option has the best quality/bang for my buck for XBOX Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which rechargeable option has the best quality/bang for my buck for XBOX Series X/S: I finally went and next gen'd myself. Here's the catch: I don't think I have the right controller..... I called every Gamestop (had to be GS unfortunately because I was planning on putting it on...
  7. Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse...: Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse are in use? Current configuration: Mouse to rear usb Keyboard to 2 rear usb ? Audio and mic combo...
  8. Microsoft Gold or Game Pass - Best Gift Option

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Gold or Game Pass - Best Gift Option: Hi, My brother in law is joining the console community, along with his kids, and we thought it would be good to get a subscription as a gift. Am I right in thinking that buying a 12 month Gold...
  9. Game collector what is the best option ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game collector what is the best option ?: What is the best choice ? 1. Buy CD but you need to worry about how long the CD is readable or how long console will have Optical Drive ? 2. Buy Digital copy, you are basically leasing it for...
  10. What's the best XBOX Live GOLD option for 2 xbox consoles and 3 profiles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the best XBOX Live GOLD option for 2 xbox consoles and 3 profiles?: I've been considering re-activating XBOX Live Gold for my profile and 2 others in the household. 1 Xbox 360 console with 2 profiles and 1 Xbox 360 console with 1 profile. What is the best option...