What are possible/likely causes of Grand Theft Auto: IV (four, not five) texture pop-in issues?

Discus and support What are possible/likely causes of Grand Theft Auto: IV (four, not five) texture pop-in issues? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Grand Theft Auto: IV on the same disc, on an Xbox 360 Arcade, for 4 years, now. I've never had issues with the game or the console,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MichaelSabbath, Jul 19, 2014.

1. What are possible/likely causes of Grand Theft Auto: IV (four, not five) texture pop-in issues?

I've been playing Grand Theft Auto: IV on the same disc, on an Xbox 360 Arcade, for 4 years, now. I've never had issues with the game or the console, before. However, recently, I've noticed many, many Grand Theft Auto: IV
    texture pop-in issues when roaming the game. Building-textures, tree-textures, or even objects, themselves, won't load until I'm approaching them or even when I'm extremely close. On occasion, road-textures don't load quickly unless I begin approaching it,
    or just when it comes into visual range. At times, I can see objects like pedestrians, cement-blocks or even parts of buildings loading in front of me. It's quite annoying. Sometimes, when driving full-speed, objects are "invisible" and don't load until I
    crash into them. It's still very noticeable, though. This problem has grown more noticeable over the past few months, but the game is still playable. It doesn't freeze or suffer from other graphical glitches.

Is this a problem with Grand Theft Auto: IV, my Xbox 360, both, or is this typical of all versions of Grand Theft Auto IV? Any and all answers and extensive detail would be appreciated.

:)

MichaelSabbath, Jul 19, 2014
  2. Pare ESP
    Pare ESP Guest
    Deal of the week [Hilo Oficial]

Oferta de la semana

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto IV Ballad of *** Tony (Rockstar Games) - 19 July – 25 July - 800 MSP

Grand Theft Auto IV The Lost and Damned (Rockstar Games) - 19 July – 25 July - 400 MSP

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games) - 19 July – 25 July - 800 MSP

Pare ESP, Jul 19, 2014
  3. DeBLAIN 02
    DeBLAIN 02 Guest
  4. NMXU
    NMXU Guest

What are possible/likely causes of Grand Theft Auto: IV (four, not five) texture pop-in issues?

There really wasn't a need to create three threads on the same issue. Your post would've gotten a response in due time. Honestly, it could be a multitude of factors that could be causing the texture issues you're experiencing. I'm guessing you're experiencing
    these issues both in Single Player and in Multiplayer, so it most likely wouldn't be the Grand Theft Auto IV servers giving bad information or bad signals to your game. So what's left is it could be a bad install of GTA IV on your console, a bad disc of GTA
    IV (scratched or damaged) or your console's capability to decipher the data in the game and display it on the screen is wearing out. Although Xbox 360s are designed to last longer than 4 years, every console is created separately and there are always those
    few in the process that don't last as long as the others. Your console could either simply need a tune-up or it could be nearing the end of it's lifespan. If you're able to run your GTA IV disc on another console without any problems, then I would point to
    your console. Although you stated you're not having problems in any other game, so I don't see why your console is having the problem only with GTA IV. I would try the same disc on another console and see how it plays out.

NMXU, Aug 5, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: