What am I to do about hours of game data lost?

Discus and support What am I to do about hours of game data lost? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I never received any error messages, the nor did any of the people who I was playing with. The game I was playing, diablo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zachary Forbes, Aug 31, 2023.

1. What am I to do about hours of game data lost?

I never received any error messages, the nor did any of the people who I was playing with. The game I was playing, diablo 3, is always connected to my online profile and always generally saving mine and my teammates progress as we go.

The only thing that happened was I logged back into the game later that day and lost several hours of progress, so much so that it's not worth it for me to continue playing the game at all if I can't recoup the losses some way.

:)

Zachary Forbes, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Zachary Forbes,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

We appreciate you for the update, Zachary Forbes.

We truly understand your situation and how you wanted to sort things out for the lost several hours of progress in Diablo 3. This can be really frustrating, especially for a game that's constantly saving your progress. To be honest, this is not the experience we wanted you to have from your end.

Based on the additional information you provided, it seems that the issue is related to the game's online profile and progress saving feature. To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to support online gaming. You can test your internet connection by running a network connection test on your Xbox console. Here's how:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select Settings > General > Network settings.

- Select Test network connection.

2. Check for game updates: Make sure that your game is up to date with the latest patches and updates. You can check for updates by following these steps:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select My games & apps > Updates.

- If there is an update available for Diablo 3, select it and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.

3. Check your game settings: Diablo III progress cannot be removed from an account. However, players can select where they want to start in the quest. To do this:

- Open the game Diablo III

- Click on the Game Settings

- Select Campaign in the upper left

- In the middle panel select change

- To select the start of the game, pick the Fallen Star Quest in Act

4. Check if you played the starter edition.

5. Contact the game developer: If none of these step's work, it might be a good idea to reach out to Blizzard Support for further assistance. They might be able to help recover your lost progress or provide additional troubleshooting steps.

Here's a link to Blizzard Entertainment's support page for Diablo 3: Blizzard Entertainment Support Page

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Zachary Forbes,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing this concern with us.

We truly understand how frustrating that can be and how you wanted to be secured and saved when you play games from your end especially the time and effort you spend to acquire couple powers and all, after reaching higher level of the game. Let's work on this together and sort everything out for you to get back to gaming.

Your data should be stored on both your hard drive and in the cloud. Xbox keeps your important data in sync, so you don't lose anything when you use a friend or family member's console, or even when you switch to a new console.

In this case, you are advised to have a regular connection to Xbox to keep your data in sync. Playing offline may cause your cloud data to become out of sync. Your data updates each time you connect to Xbox.

For to the issue that we have, we will verify if we are able to enable cloud storage for your games or not. If you have, then you should be able to sync your in-game data with the could once you redownload the games.

We would like to know few information as well regarding that issue we have in order to help isolate his further.

1. When was this issue started?
    2. Is the issue presented to only this game?
    3. Can you verify the account signed-in to the device if we are signed in with the same account?

We will go ahead and try few troubleshooting steps that may help us to sort this out. Please see the following steps:

• On your Xbox. Go to My games & apps.
    • Highlight the game and then press the Menu button. Select Manage game and add-ons.
    • Go to saved Data and clear local saves.
    • Then, select the game title and choose Select all to make sure all available content is installed.
    • Select Save changes and wait for the content to install.
    • Relaunch the game.

If the issue persists, once we confirmed the account signed in, try to sign out the account then, wait 30 seconds and sign back in. Then proceed, launch your game again for us to check.

Sources: Manage Storage on you Xbox Console

Xbox Cloud Games Saves FAQ

We will anticipate your response to this.

Kindly let us know if there's any misunderstanding or clarification of our description by sending us a reply.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Zachary Forbes,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  6. XBF-Spartan Win User

Xbox Series X Update DELETED all my Forza Horizon 4 game data

Thema:

1. What am I to do about hours of game data lost? - Similar Threads - hours game data

2. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  3. If you refund a game but you play it for a few hours What a refund Will the refund cancel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you refund a game but you play it for a few hours What a refund Will the refund cancel: I need to know that's why I'm asking because I accidentally requested a refund so I want to know if that's a way I could cancel the refund 48baedd7-1faa-4a29-baaa-9f3991ae4135
  4. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  5. Texas CHAInsaw massacre Game LIVE NOW 5 + HOURS STREAM

in XboX Insiders
    Texas CHAInsaw massacre Game LIVE NOW 5 + HOURS STREAM: make sho y'all tap in we professional now 5 hr + stream now be first to see submitted by /u/Ok-Thought5543 [link] [comments]
  6. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  7. How do I play Fortnite on xbox cloud gaming when the wait time is over 3 hours and when I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play Fortnite on xbox cloud gaming when the wait time is over 3 hours and when I...: Many people who play Fortnite on xbox cloud have this problem and I want to be able to play without waiting or at least letting us join after we waited the full hour. Even when I joined at...
  8. Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup: Had to create 2 new Xbox profiles and 1 new Microsoft account and recover login for my original account took over an hour of typing in emails using Xbox controller...
  9. I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...: I bought a game accidently yesterday and I wanted to get a refund but it didn't give me one because it says too many refunds this year when I haven't refunded anything this year at all can someone...
  10. What am I to do about hours of game data lost?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What am I to do about hours of game data lost?: I am extremely upset about this situation, I lost hours of game data saves due to clear negligence on Microsoft end because I was playing on the same console as my two friends and there save data...