.What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live

Discus and support .What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Like Nat is always strict or moderate and not sure I should be on wireless or on wired 7cd5952f-b77d-4fb2-be35-98619b71e1c0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XboxGuy40, Mar 15, 2014.

1. XboxGuy40
    XboxGuy40 Guest

Like Nat is always strict or moderate and not sure I should be on wireless or on wired

:)

XboxGuy40, Mar 15, 2014
  2. Video Ads on dashboard buffering every 5 seconds

I did restart the hardware to reset the arp cache. There was a traffic shaping policy a while back, but I don't notice it anymore (avid torrent downloader). Traffic shaping should not affect xbox live traffic, since my ISP supports Xbox Live. However,
    I am downloading at full potential right now and I do not see any shaping policy.

BodaciousMelons, Mar 15, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Can't Connect on Wired or Wireless...

Hi,

As this is a Uni connection you will need to speak to the Uni network admins for advice as they are in control of the networks you are wanting to connect to.

Usually we can say try X/Y/Z but as you don't control the network its out of your hands.

Here are some tips for connecting at Uni/College
    www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../103-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college
    but you may need to speak with network admins as some block Xbox live traffic

GMAN990, Mar 15, 2014
  4. .What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live

G'day XboxGuy40!

First of all, I suggest that you change your NAT to 'Open'. If you don't know how to do this, please follow THIS TUTORIAL.

Also, if you are on a wireless connection and you don't have much of a strong signal from your location then it's better to use a wired connection to get a stronger signal for your Xbox console.

If you have any further questions, please let us know =)

Thank you!

InfernoWolfNLD, Mar 15, 2014
  5. XboxGuy40
    XboxGuy40 Guest
    I'm not allowed to touch router or change any of the settings to the router or get into trouble.I think I'm getting hate on xbox live and getting ignored.Wireless is horrible and wired I dont trust.Downloading games on demand takes four hours.I'm never being
    treated like this ever on a wasted gaming console like the xbox 360 or the PS3.

XboxGuy40, Mar 20, 2014
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings XboxGuy!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]I'm not allowed to touch router or change any of the settings to the router or get into trouble.[/quote]Ok, let's make it more simple then. Could you post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a
    single device).

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]I think I'm getting hate on xbox live and getting ignored.[/quote]Don't take it personal, but this is more like a bad relationship between your NAT device(s) and Xbox LIVE.

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Wireless is horrible and wired I dont trust.[/quote]You've just ran out of options.

If I may suggest, stick with a wired solution (if this is an option).

Thank you!

taidara, Mar 20, 2014
  7. XboxGuy40
    XboxGuy40 Guest
    Is wired connection more secure then wireless and more user friendly if I want to switch connection type?

XboxGuy40, Mar 27, 2014
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Is wired connection more secure then wireless[/quote]Yes!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]and more user friendly if I want to switch connection type?[/quote]Yes!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Like Nat is always strict or moderate and not sure I should be on wireless or on wired[/quote]Your NAT's behavior has no bearing, whether you connect wired, or wireless with your Xbox 360.

taidara, Mar 27, 2014
  9. XboxGuy40
    XboxGuy40 Guest
    Thanks for all advice and not sure I can ever play online game ever or stick to single player.I spend alot of my money on gold service if it doesnt work and lack of friends.I will let xbox live expired.

XboxGuy40, Oct 31, 2018
  10. XboxGuy40 Win User

Thanks for all advice and not sure I can ever play online game ever or stick to single player.I spend alot of my money on gold service if it doesnt work and lack of friends.I will let xbox live expired.
  11. XboxGuy40 Win User

Is wired connection more secure then wireless and more user friendly if I want to switch connection type?
  12. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

G'day XboxGuy40!

First of all, I suggest that you change your NAT to 'Open'. If you don't know how to do this, please follow THIS TUTORIAL.

Also, if you are on a wireless connection and you don't have much of a strong signal from your location then it's better to use a wired connection to get a stronger signal for your Xbox console.

If you have any further questions, please let us know =)

Thank you!
  13. taidara Win User

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Is wired connection more secure then wireless[/quote]Yes!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]and more user friendly if I want to switch connection type?[/quote]Yes!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Like Nat is always strict or moderate and not sure I should be on wireless or on wired[/quote]Your NAT's behavior has no bearing, whether you connect wired, or wireless with your Xbox 360.
  14. taidara Win User

Greetings XboxGuy!

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]I'm not allowed to touch router or change any of the settings to the router or get into trouble.[/quote]Ok, let's make it more simple then. Could you post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a
    single device).

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]I think I'm getting hate on xbox live and getting ignored.[/quote]Don't take it personal, but this is more like a bad relationship between your NAT device(s) and Xbox LIVE.

[quote user="XboxGuy40"]Wireless is horrible and wired I dont trust.[/quote]You've just ran out of options.

If I may suggest, stick with a wired solution (if this is an option).

Thank you!
Thema:

1. .What advice should I need to improve the traffic of xbox live - Similar Threads - advice should need

2. Not tech savy, need advice with an xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Not tech savy, need advice with an xbox 360: Hell, so awhile ago I bought a second hand xbox 360. It's been good and I enjoy playing games on it, however, I'd like to play some online games but I'm not sure what I need to connect it to the...
  3. Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.

in XboX Insiders
    Advice on hardware issue? Xbox powers off immediately after turning it on.: I have an older xbox one s that will often give me trouble when I go to turn it on. I hit the button, it chimes, the light comes on, then it shuts back down after a second or two. It doesnt even...
  4. Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.

in XboX Insiders
    Uh hi may I have some help or advice on this issue.: May i ask why when I updated minecraft just now on. My xbox it's showing with two things if the same game.? I have the disc to minecraft its in perfect condition I've checked nothing is wrong with...
  5. Settings advice to configure a monitor

in XboX Insiders
    Settings advice to configure a monitor: Hi all, I’m wondering if anybody can help me with some advice on setting up a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32 inch curved monitor on my Xbox X. It arrived today and I followed a very quick YouTube video...
  6. I need some advice

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need some advice: Okay so I've got a problem I'm a Fortnite YouTuber and i made friends with some rather toxic people who recently have been causing me problems they are trying to destroy me asking me to go and...
  7. Need advice on a possible hack of my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need advice on a possible hack of my account: I play Star Wars Battlefront with a group of friends. We have a group chat that we used. A few months ago we started having problems accessing it. We could only do so via the app. I discovered we...
  8. Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x: Everyone claims all the main set tings have to change from automatic to manual like dns and a bunch of other stuff and I just needed some clarity 12455621-0bd1-446a-85fd-406397b04f50
  9. Advice Or How Can I Fix This?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Advice Or How Can I Fix This?: Technical Error ? : When I activate my Xbox One S, It will only show the Green Colored Screen with the Xbox Symbol in the middle. Afterwards, the screen will pop up asking if I would like to...
  10. I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?: I'll give a story. Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it starts to just drain my internet for no reason....