Western Digital My Passport X suddenly stops working

Discus and support Western Digital My Passport X suddenly stops working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. So I have the external hard drive listed above, and it just stopped working all of a sudden. Like I was literally using it yesterday afternoon,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChiTownBluesFan, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Western Digital My Passport X suddenly stops working

Hi. So I have the external hard drive listed above, and it just stopped working all of a sudden. Like I was literally using it yesterday afternoon, and today, the drive isn't recognized. The drive itself seems to be working fine (I can detect it by plugging
    in to a PC), but none of the three ports seem to totally recognize the external drive. I say that because going by the light flashes, it seems to be working, but the OS just won't read from it anymore. Aside from assuming the hard drive crashed (which I
    don't think is the case, since again, the PC recognized it), is there anything else I can try? I have a LOT of data on that drive (mostly Rock Band 4 songs), and I don't think it'll all fit on the internal drive.

:)

ChiTownBluesFan, Apr 30, 2018
  2. DeadliMONKEY
    DeadliMONKEY Guest
    my wd external hard drive is not listed on my xbox anymore never have had a problem with it till now

my western digital my passport external hard drive is not working after a year with no problems it just is not being listed on my xbox including all games that have been downloaded on it yet it is still vibrating??

DeadliMONKEY, Apr 30, 2018
  3. EBROBOT90
    EBROBOT90 Guest
    Compatible External Hard Drives For Xbox One

One last question. Which version of the Western Digital hard drives did you guys get? There is the My Cloud. The My Book. The My Passport. Or something else?

EBROBOT90, Apr 30, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Western Digital My Passport X suddenly stops working