Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room)

Discus and support Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my house-mate turned his Xbox on through his TV (Remote) and while my Xbox is not connected to that TV, it turned on the very same moment. Anyone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KlikoNL, Apr 10, 2024.

1. KlikoNL
    KlikoNL Guest

So my house-mate turned his Xbox on through his TV (Remote) and while my Xbox is not connected to that TV, it turned on the very same moment. Anyone have any idea how to prevent this. My Xbox never has been connected to it in the past. My Xbox has all remote and HDMI-CEC settings turned off. Its even in shutdown mode, so it should even be able to get turned on through any remote way. As that option even say, remote functuality only works when on.

Not really know, why this happend and how to prevent it.

:)

KlikoNL, Apr 10, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Kliko.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

The situation you're describing is indeed quite unusual. Turning on via HDMI/CEC requires a physical input; the console must be connected to receive the power on or off signal.

Anyway, you can try a power cycle of your console to solve your issue. Power cycle of the console allows for a full restart.

To do this.

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
    Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Another simple procedure you can try is to unplug the console's power cord for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

You could also try resetting the console, but before proceeding, I would recommend contacting official support to see if they have any information regarding issues like yours.

To contact official support

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

I hope I've been helpful some way.

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. VernierSlake Win User

Weird Situation..

I think people underestimate just how complex a beast services like XBL/PSN/Steam et al are to maintain.
  4. 6b538b4a-5645-435e-a Win User

Weird Situation..

Vernier Slakes idea sounds good but realy how does this happen it happened to me to just now my friend wanted to start a clan name The300 and i was jocking my friends gamertag The300Banditos so my friend said he was going to let me use his credit card for
    points and when we go back to school i will repay him back i bought 800 MS points then i changed my gamertag all good right? no i went on black ops got disconnected and it wouldnt let me sign back in this is real annoying i just want to play.
  5. dup4c07dd58-5f0a-483 Win User

Weird situation

6. AK Shockwave Win User

Weird Situation..

I am having the same problem, although as a bonus I couldn't connect in the first place, my test connection worked perfectly but it wouldn't sign me into xbl. So I tried to recover my profile to see if that would work and boom! This.
Thema:

1. Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room) - Similar Threads - Weird Situation Xboxes

2. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  3. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  4. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  5. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  6. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  9. Weird suspension?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Weird suspension?: I literally posted in the the lfg for diablo 4 area " Need both capstones and a few 46+ dungs after. Will return favor or 10 mill" 5 min later i got chat banned for 2 days. And i can't talk to...
  10. When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turned my xbox on it starting makeing some weird sound after that it turns off.: Yes t It does 2605c678-999d-4df9-85ef-a5fe47024fc7