Weird Flickering / RGB Disco / Color Flashing Happening in Particular Games

Discus and support Weird Flickering / RGB Disco / Color Flashing Happening in Particular Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the topic states. I’ve seen some other topics discussing similar things, but weren’t quite the same. I did try those solutions as well, but to no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sturben, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Sturben
    Sturben Guest

As the topic states. I’ve seen some other topics discussing similar things, but weren’t quite the same. I did try those solutions as well, but to no avail.

Here are some clips of what I’m seeing in Halo Infinite

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/acSgEc4BRD

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/vkVXMeznER

Something similar is happening in Dead By Daylight, but I don’t have any clips of that.

All other games (OW2, Stardew, Disney Dreamlight, MC, and some others) all work just fine with no issues

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games.

Resetting picture settings on the TV.

Playing with multiple settings in the TV menu on Xbox (like 50 Hz, 24 Hz, etc.. Basically anything on that screen. The TV doesn’t have any options for 4K, hdr, or vrr so couldn’t mess with any of those settings)

I have a couple other things I haven’t tried yet that I can try. But would love to have some suggestions before I try to deep dive into those.

:)

Sturben, Oct 20, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

We appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps and thank you for sharing the clips. The problem may seem to be more complicated and require further investigation. We advise that you contact our live support team. It's advisable to work with them due to the complexity of the issue, as they have the tools needed to further diagnose it and give you an efficient solution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Meanwhile, you can also report this issue to Xbox directly by following the guide below.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. Sal O Win User

black crush help

Crushed blacks usually happen when the source RGB is set to full/nonstandard and the display RGB is set to limited/standard. You sure you don't have a mismatch in your RGB color ranges?
  4. jameslieb1 Win User

Changing HDMI color space from RGB to YCbCr206 causes input lag, please help

Ok I tried seeing if I could change the monitor's color space to YCbCr206 but it seems that it actually changes on its own, depending on the signal being provided, and it can't be changed manually. When the Xbox 360 was set to RGB, the color space option
    in the monitor settings was set to RGB, and when the Xbox 360 was set to YCbCr206, the monitor had it set at YAC. But the lag is there nonetheless. Any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe I could adjust some option with it set to RGB to make it look like
    it were set to YCbCr206, but I don't know if getting rid of the flicker can be accomplished this way.
  5. Eseronai Win User

Issues with Xbox One S screen flickering on Samsung TV

See I’ve tested it on my old Emseron 720p TV, and no flickering happened. It seems to only happen when its on my newer Samsung TV with UHD Color (HDR10) enabled on the tv itself. Otherwise 4K UHD works fine??? My tv acts very weird with the Xbox One S
  6. Internet Expert Win User

How does the "grapics card" get affected damage?

Problems with the GPU usually shows up in the form of graphical "artifacts" on screen, like weird random colors, spots, flickering, and other garbled nonsense happening. Worst case scenario, the Xbox won't display anything on the screen at all.

Either way, a defective graphics processor will require the console to be serviced or replaced.
Thema:

1. Weird Flickering / RGB Disco / Color Flashing Happening in Particular Games - Similar Threads - Weird Flickering RGB

2. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  3. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  4. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  5. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  6. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  9. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  10. Does anyone else get this weird screen flicker when switching to a game with HDR? Also...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else get this weird screen flicker when switching to a game with HDR? Also...: [IMG] submitted by /u/benmx28 [link] [comments]