Weird feedback in headset with adapter

Discus and support Weird feedback in headset with adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought the Stereo Headset Adapter today to use my Turtle beach x12's on my XB1. So far so good, except one major (for me) problem. I prefer to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darkmaster2110, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Weird feedback in headset with adapter

I just bought the Stereo Headset Adapter today to use my Turtle beach x12's on my XB1. So far so good, except one major (for me) problem.

I prefer to leave my controller connected to a mini USB cable when I play, as I don't need to use batteries while doing so. However, when I have my controller plugged in I get all kinds of crazy feedback sounds in my headset, including a weird pulsing sound
    every time the IR lights on the top of the controller blink. But if I have my controller wireless, everything is fine. Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?

:)

Darkmaster2110, Apr 3, 2014
  2. messhallcook
    messhallcook Guest
    Chatpad issues with XBOX ONE S controller (won't fit)

ugh... so weird... not sure why I'm getting some weird resistance/pushback from the chatpad but the headset adapter goes in okay.

messhallcook, Apr 3, 2014
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Extremely disgusted with the headset options for Xbox One!

I use my TB X41's with the Xbox One Headset adapter. Works great.

Here's the feedback section.

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

J3RS3Y DEVIL, Apr 3, 2014
  4. messhallcook Win User

Chatpad issues with XBOX ONE S controller (won't fit)

ugh... so weird... not sure why I'm getting some weird resistance/pushback from the chatpad but the headset adapter goes in okay.
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Is there a work around for...

Hi there, unfortunately there is no feature on the console itself to change sound/chat options like this, there is a balancing feature for the stereo headset adapter though. see info here:

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter

Also if you wanted to provide any feedback on this (which a lot of others have, but you can support their feedback) post here:
    http://xbox.uservoice.com/
  6. MustyCoast03 Win User

Xbox one stuck on mute!!

UPDATE... We purchased a 3.5mm adapter for the controller and the headset is now working! An extra £25 but my son is delighted. Thanks for all your feedback!
  7. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Extremely disgusted with the headset options for Xbox One!

8. KenBlake3 Win User

Xbox One Mic icon is always off and muted

Thanks for the feedback - that link above isn't working. Is there an update to date page I can look at?

Re: the adapter. Our controllers have 3.5mm jack - what will the adapter allow us to connect with? Both of our headsets have the 3.5mm outputs.
Thema:

Weird feedback in headset with adapter

1. Weird feedback in headset with adapter - Similar Threads - Weird feedback headset

2. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  3. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  4. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  5. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  6. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  7. Video being weird for a few seconds

in XBoX on Windows
    Video being weird for a few seconds: My Image becomes like a coloured/pixelated image for like 3 seconds, kind of like an old TV from the early 2000s, has anyone else experienced this? 805b394e-0c7a-400a-8ec3-078e4238f8f2
  8. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  9. Weird suspension?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Weird suspension?: I literally posted in the the lfg for diablo 4 area " Need both capstones and a few 46+ dungs after. Will return favor or 10 mill" 5 min later i got chat banned for 2 days. And i can't talk to...
  10. Weird rumble feedback new Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird rumble feedback new Xbox One controller: Today I received my brand new Xbox One controller to play games on my Windows 10 PC. Every time when the controller vibrates, it does not feel right at the beginning of every vibration. It is...