Weird connection problem

Discus and support Weird connection problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having this weird connection problem recently. When I'm playing Halo, everything will play fine, no lag or anything, but then I will randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IAMHIJKLM15, Oct 9, 2015.

1. IAMHIJKLM15
    IAMHIJKLM15 Guest

Weird connection problem

I've been having this weird connection problem recently. When I'm playing Halo, everything will play fine, no lag or anything, but then I will randomly blackscreen. It happens frequently as every 20 seconds some times and persists throughout the match. It's
    only happening to me because my friends in my party are still playing the game unaffected. It happens in all the Halo games in the Collection but is more apparent in Halo 4. I'm assuming it would happen in other games besides Halo.

My NAT is open and my wired connection is pretty solid except for the blackscreens. Im also in the preview program, but this exact thing happened a few months ago when I wasn't in the preview program. I was also installing a large update for the Witcher
    3 while I was playing, when it finished the black screens became less frequent but they were happening before I started downloading it and continued after it finished. I'm assuming it might be my router that might be messing up, it's kind of old. I'm not very
    tech savy so I'm hoping someone could help me find out what causes it.

:)

IAMHIJKLM15, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Omosho
    Omosho Guest
    Weird Connection Problem

I tried removing my profile and adding it back in. When I tried adding it and pressed "Add new", it had connection issues and I couldn't do it with the error code 0x80A40019. I then tried a factory reset. When it got to updating, it says "There was a problem
    with the update", error code 0x80072EE2 0x0000000 0x00000200. When I checked my network connection, it says "It's all good." I tried doing it with both wired and wireless connection. So since it can't install the update, it cant finish the reset and it's stuck
    here.

Omosho, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Weird Connection Problem

Hey there Omosho,

Let's have you try to remove your profile and then re-add it to the console to see if that helps.

How to Add or Remove a Microsoft Account from an Xbox One console
    If not, let's have you try to perform a full

Factory Reset, but make sure to keep your Games & apps. This will refresh the console fully, but you won't need to reinstall any games or apps. You will need to re-sign into any profiles you had on the console again though.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Eden0032
    Eden0032 Guest

Weird connection problem

Hi there!

This is an odd issue, but I would like you to do a power cycle on your console as it will most likely fix the issue. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds until the console turns off.

2. Wait for 30 seconds, then disconnect the power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a further 30 seconds, then reconnect the console and turn it on. It may take a bit longer than usual to start up.

4. Sign in and you should be good to go.

I hope that helps!

-

Eden0032, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Omosho Win User

Weird Connection Problem

Hey there ,

Let's have you try to remove your profile and then re-add it to the console to see if that helps.

Factory Reset, but make sure to keep your Games & apps. This will refresh the console fully, but you won't need to reinstall any games or apps. You will need to re-sign into any profiles you had on the console again though.

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
    I tried removing my profile and adding it back in. When I tried adding it and pressed "Add new", it had connection issues and I couldn't do it with the error code 0x80A40019. I then tried a factory reset. When it got to updating, it says "There was a problem
    with the update", error code 0x80072EE2 0x0000000 0x00000200. When I checked my network connection, it says "It's all good." I tried doing it with both wired and wireless connection. So since it can't install the update, it cant finish the reset and it's stuck
    here.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Weird Connection Problem

Hey there Omosho,

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Weird Connection Problem

here.
    Sounds like there may be something going on with the hardware, do you know if your console has the latest Fall dashboard release?

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. Eden0032 Win User

Weird connection problem

Hi there!

This is an odd issue, but I would like you to do a power cycle on your console as it will most likely fix the issue. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds until the console turns off.

2. Wait for 30 seconds, then disconnect the power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a further 30 seconds, then reconnect the console and turn it on. It may take a bit longer than usual to start up.

4. Sign in and you should be good to go.

I hope that helps!

-
  9. Omosho Win User

Weird Connection Problem

here.

Sounds like there may be something going on with the hardware, do you know if your console has the latest Fall dashboard release?

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
    Everything was up-to-date before it stopped working. And yes, I did have the new dashboard.
Thema:

Weird connection problem

1. Weird connection problem - Similar Threads - Weird connection problem

2. Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Situation (2 Xboxes in 1 room): So my house-mate turned his Xbox on through his TV (Remote) and while my Xbox is not connected to that TV, it turned on the very same moment. Anyone have any idea how to prevent this. My Xbox...
  3. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  4. Weird!?

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird!?: Sorry for bad english I just got a xbox360, i have looked at the xbox classic games playable on the 360. ( nfs underground 2) i did the disc in it and cant play it….. someone that can help or...
  5. My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore: I was playing black ops 2 then my xbox stated making a noise that sounded like a printer printing out a piece of paper then my game crashed I got annoyed at the noise so I turned it off and back...
  6. Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix): So I'm having a weird issue with either the PC Xbox App, the Microsoft Store or xCloud in general and MLB The Show 21. I'm basically able to launch the game, however once in the game, it fails to...
  7. Weird problem to connect my Xbox One to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird problem to connect my Xbox One to internet: Hi! I recently moved my Xbox to my new apartment and I have a new internet box. I connected my Xbox one to it through Ethernet. Since then I had extremely weird problems to connect. First, my...
  8. can't connect to live/weird account issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't connect to live/weird account issues: So when I first turn on my xbox one I will be signed into my profile just fine. It will show two of my friend as online, but I'm clearly not connected to live because the tile on the right says...
  9. Having weird issues with trying to connect to Xbox live please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having weird issues with trying to connect to Xbox live please help!: Hey guys, I usually can handle Internet issues for the most part on my own but this one has me stumped.. I am running a direct connection through cat6 Ethernet cable from my modem to my Xbox...
  10. Can't connect to DHCP, have tried everything. DNS is weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to DHCP, have tried everything. DNS is weird: Haven't been able to connect to XBL for about a week now. I have an Actiontec GT784WN Modem and an Apple Time Machine Router. The Xbox One Advanced Settings Statisitics are as shown below. Any...