Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

Discus and support Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/36demadbox, May 28, 2024.

1. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it works with no issues, and it also works when usuing the xbox camera app. I also checked my account privacy settings and made sure it was set to allow camera usage. When I go to start my twitch stream I make sure that camera is enabled and start streaming the light on the camera will turn on, but it does not show up on stream nor the preview.

Has anyone else experienced these issues since the update? It definitely has me bummed out, and I don't want to fork out more money for a new camera when it might no even work.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This has caused me to stop streeaming for roughly a year now ughhh

Xbox Model:

Xbox Series X

[ Os Version: 10.0.25398.4860 ]

Webcam:

Lenovo 500 FHD

[ Model # WHWC500 ]

submitted by /u/36demadbox
    [link] [comments]

/u/36demadbox, May 28, 2024
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Connection to any streaming application on Xbox

Hi there,

The only streaming services on the Xbox is Mixer and Twitch but the Twitch app is only limited to using the Kinect as a webcam and mic because Twitch hasn't seemed to update the app.

On Mixer you can connect a webcam through USB and the Camera option will be selectable in the "Broadcast & capture" tab in the menu found under Advanced Settings. As far as the Microphone goes, I think it should work and be detected as you say that it works
    for party chats and most streamers use their headset mic's but give it a try in the advanced settings on Mixer and let us know if it works.
  3. DrunkardKiller Win User

Connection to any streaming application on Xbox

Hi there,

The only streaming services on the Xbox is Mixer and Twitch but the Twitch app is only limited to using the Kinect as a webcam and mic because Twitch hasn't seemed to update the app.

On Mixer you can connect a webcam through USB and the Camera option will be selectable in the "Broadcast & capture" tab in the menu found under Advanced Settings. As far as the Microphone goes, I think it should work and be detected as you say that it works
    for party chats and most streamers use their headset mic's but give it a try in the advanced settings on Mixer and let us know if it works.
    Hi XBF, so I definitely need a webcam ?. I can't use my my windows surface pro for this right ?. If I can't then I'll buy one with a mic and let the community know if it works. Thanks for your reply 😊✌
  4. J0hnsta115 Win User

Need a webcam

Unfortunately, the twitch app for xbox is really not the beet way to stream as it is quite outdated. Best case scenario would be separate pc for streaming/webcam capture, but if you dont have that your options are limited. On mixer, you can use most webcams,
    but the twitch app has great difficulty in recognizing cameras that are not the kinect. As others have mentioned, there may be ways around this, but it can be difficult if doing everything solely through the app.
  5. demonizer andy Win User

Xbox One s vs Logitech c922

are you on the insider program ? i cannot be 100% certain as its a while since i used twitch to stream, but i know at one point there was an issue with the twitch app and you had to be on the insider program to broadcast via webcam, im not sure if this has been solved and its another issue, but once i entered the xbox preview insider program it solved my issues at the time.
  6. WebSaito Win User

Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

Hi im also having the same issue, since im using webcam on xbox to stream on mixer. And the only way to stream was to disable camera so i can stream but its not a solution. I also tried on twitch and it was ok, i think that the real problem is the mixer
    app on xbox. Sadly its causing me to lose some audience, and i wonder when its going to be fixed.
Thema:

Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

1. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was... - Similar Threads - Webcam used previously

2. Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?: I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use this...
  3. I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...: I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would I go about that to hook the camera up to my Xbox? 78739a90-a828-476b-80f4-cbed23175d58
  4. How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...: I can’t figure out how to transfer from the Xbox system to a USB or a cloud service. I’m just using a generic WebCam but it’s not allowing me to access the files in order to move them. I’ve...
  5. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?: I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera....
  6. How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox: Hello. I recently decided to give twitch streaming a go and wanted to use a webcam so people could see me. I don't have a camera or a computer so i decided to use my phone as a camera since i...
  7. Using webcam on Twitch app, how to use the webcam's microphone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using webcam on Twitch app, how to use the webcam's microphone?: The microphone bar on Twitch's broadcasting page stays grayed out until I plug a headset into my controller, but I want to use my webcam's microphone; how can I do this??...
  8. Can I use my iPhone X as a webcam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my iPhone X as a webcam: hi i was wondering am i able to use my iphone x as a webcam for my xboxone on mixer and what app would i need 1438b633-bd27-478a-8e5f-a7afebc6af55
  9. Use webcam on game capture?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use webcam on game capture?: Can you use a webcam on the 'xbox one' game capture feature? (NOT for live streaming just for game capture) 6368680d-7ed5-4d81-bb01-ae170aa4b14a
  10. Webcam and mic use on Xbox one x

in XBoX on Windows
    Webcam and mic use on Xbox one x: Trying to find out if the kinect adapter for xbox one x is discontinued, and if it is, can a Webcam and mic be used, we use Cortina on our Xbox one, she controls our cable, TV, sound system. And...