We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ...

Discus and support We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bumping this thread because I still can't find a solution to this and there is nothing on the web. Really annoying that this doesn't work because I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aloysius24, Apr 6, 2016.

1. aloysius24
    aloysius24 Guest

We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ...

Bumping this thread because I still can't find a solution to this and there is nothing on the web. Really annoying that this doesn't work because I had no issues before.

Neither the Windows 10 Xbox app or Smartglass on iOS can wake my xbox. Both apps can see the xbox fine but when I try to wake it, nothing happens. My PC is wired as well as my xbox and both have the most current update (xbox has latest preview software).

:)

aloysius24, Apr 6, 2016
  2. Windows 10 not able to turn on or connect to Xbox

My console and my PC are on the same network and instant-on is turned on but it still says either "unable to connect to console. Make sure your device and console are connected to the same network" or "unable to turn on your console. Make sure your console
    and this device are connected to the same network and instant-on is on". Need a little help

UnknownScroll37, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Magcius
    Magcius Guest
    "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected to the same network as this device."

Still having the same issues even when using latest beta app 15.15.3016.00000

Connected via Ethernet / Gigabit switch

Clicking Turn On appears to wake the console temporarily as it starts to respond to PING via cmd prompt, but am always presented with "We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is
    set to instant-on.

Xbox itself seems to take longer to wake up in instant on mode - has something changed on the Xbox itself?

Magcius, Apr 6, 2016
  4. vktacoma
    vktacoma Guest

I imagine the only solution there will ever be to this problem is to buy a PS4. The Remote Play from PC capability was released yesterday and it works very well, including wake from standby.

vktacoma, Apr 7, 2016
  5. ec96joan
    ec96joan Guest
    Same problem here.

I'm researched this a bit and it seems the Xbox usually don't reply to pings and when it doesn't, it can also not be woken up. I'm running a Ping Monitor and it tells me every now and then the Xbox responds for maybe a minute.

Also...if you queue a download from smartglass, it Wakes something up so it starts responding to pings again. (and thus can be woken up)

ec96joan, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    Thanks for the feedback Halo. If your able to reproduce, can you please go ahead and report this issue. This is something the developers are aware off but I will report it to the developers so they are aware this is still occurring.

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Apr 12, 2016
  7. ec96joan
    ec96joan Guest
    The way I reproduce it is...set console in standby..and try to ping it.. We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ... :p

ec96joan, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Jonatan101
    Jonatan101 Guest

Holy s**t. Can you fix this issue already?

Jonatan101, Apr 13, 2016
  9. I have same issue. Does anyone actually NOT have the issue?

The Real AcEy, Apr 17, 2016
  10. That's over 4 months since this issue was logged and the only response from Microsoft is to recreate the issue and send logs. I have done this a few times as have many others and still nothing. As someone else posted, the PS4 remote play app just works -
    shame Microsoft can't get their own software working together.

DangerousHill, Apr 18, 2016
  11. Still having this issue on my end. I have submitted multiple reports on this via the app.

It has been happening since December for me.

PigeonRacer77, Apr 19, 2016
  12. ec96joan
    ec96joan Guest
    I would like it for a developer to comment here.

I'll repeat my findings...the problem is likely not in the app...assuming the Xbox is supposed to answer to pings when in standby, because it doesn't.. That's why neither smartglass nor App can wake it. Sometimes shortly after a shutdown the Xbox is pingable
    again..and can be woken up by apps.

So, the problem seems to be some kind of Wake-On-Lan issue when in standby.

Another interesting piece of info is that if you trigger a download through smartglass, it makes the Xbox pingable again.

Developers...what do you think of these findings?

ec96joan, Apr 19, 2016
  13. ec96joan
    ec96joan Guest

Update.

I did a factory reset on my Xboxbut since it didn't make it pingable more often I dismissed it, but when I tried waking it up a few days later it worked. Seems to work fairly regularly since then despite not being pingable.

Now however, I sometimes have problem turning it off instead. (But from Windows and smartglass device), but after a restart it seems to work. (But it will probably stop working again)

In standby the ping patterns are a bit odd....sometimes it goes maybe 30 minutes of time outs followed by a few successful pings. And sometimes it's a few timeouts and a few successfuls.

ec96joan, Apr 24, 2016
  14. ManiacBart
    ManiacBart Guest
    I have had this problem ever since streaming came out and still no luck We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ... :(

ManiacBart, Apr 28, 2016
  15. shatset
    shatset Guest
    Hi guys,

I've been having the same issue for quite a while.

If you happen to have an Asus router then most likely I have a fix for you.

1. Please login into your router's interface (usually 192.168.1.1)
    2. Go to Network Tools (bottom left)
    3. Click on the 'Wake on LAN' tab
    4. Select Xbox-SystemOS from the drop down menu
    5. Click '+' (add)
    6. SAVE
    This should work as it worked for me right away We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ... :)

Good luck!

shatset, May 1, 2016
Thema:

1. We were unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your ... - Similar Threads - were unable turn

2. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  3. Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(: Tthe automatic billing service deducted 79 rand from my account but today I recieved an email stating that the payment was unsuccessfull. I no longer have the funds to renew my subscription as the...
  4. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  5. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  6. I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund: I replied to a email about it and told them what happened but still not received a answer 93ddd2ee-ade7-479d-8643-c9a199676e1b
  7. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  8. Xbox chat call back not working (response is: Were unable to process your request. Please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chat call back not working (response is: Were unable to process your request. Please...: I have a faulty xbox, purchased as a Christmas present, the orser was with Microsoft direct. The order email confirmation does not provide a service link to report a problem and the online chat...
  9. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  10. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...