We were unable to set your default recording location, error 0x80070005

Discus and support We were unable to set your default recording location, error 0x80070005 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Good morning, 3 days ago I've changed my pc but I kept all my drivers (one SS 128 go and one HDD 1To). I have only reset my ssd and put Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rizual, Jun 12, 2020.

1. rizual
    rizual Guest

Good morning,

3 days ago I've changed my pc but I kept all my drivers (one SS 128 go and one HDD 1To). I have only reset my ssd and put Windows 10 on it, but I didn't reset my HDD because I wanted to keep all my games (WindowsApp's games included). The problem is that
    when I've tried to play to Forza Horizon 4 (installed on my HDD before I changed PC), it says that I need to install everything whereas I didn't uninstall any games from my HDD, and when I try to reinstall it on my HDD it does nothing, I only can install the
    game on my SSD my I don't want to.

So I tried to go to the WindowsApp folder but access denied whereas I'm administrator.

This actually the same when I try to set my HDD as default recording location, it told me error 0x80070005 (only for the windowsApp) and when I try to set default my hdd for other type of files likes files explorer, images, music etc it says that I don't
    have permissions to change.

I've also tried to download Xbox Beta and went to profil->general->parameters->change set default recording location but it does the same thing.

This is really weird because i'm of course the administrator and the only user in the PC, and it's like since I've re-installed windows, it denied me every permissions and I don't know what to do.
    We were unable to set your default recording location, error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

We were unable to set your default recording location, error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

:)

rizual, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Shakalaka Bull Win User

3. StringerJSY Win User

Savings Microsoft store games/xbox beta games to D drive

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

still met by the same error code

”we couldn’t set your default save location. The operation did not complete successfully error code 0X80070005”
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Xbox installer error code 0x80070005

Kindly try changing your default save location. Go to this pc.

Then click the drive you are trying to change your save location to.

Find a file named WindowsApps.

Right-click and look for change name and change it to WindowsApps.old .

And try to change again your default save location again.

If it still does not work look for a file named WpSystem.

Right-click on WpSystem and Press change the name and change it to WpSystem.old

You'll be able to find these steps here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. DangerCulsu Win User

Loading game library from HDD after fresh installation of Windows 10 (Xbox Game Pass PC)

Thanks for your reply!

I kinda figured that I'd have to reinstall everything.

Is there any way I can do this without having to format my entire 2 TB HDD, which contains many other games?

As I mentioned above, I get an error code 0x80070005 everytime I'm trying to set said HDD as my default save location...which suggests that I either have to format it or change some settings?
  6. championdonut23 Win User

Xbox App made to change install location, causes bluescreen

I've now got control over the folder, but it still doesn't let me set it as the default install location. When I try to, it comes up with the error message 'You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another one.'
Thema:

1. We were unable to set your default recording location, error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - were unable set

2. Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again

in XboX Insiders
    Discord says sorry looks like you were disconnected try connecting again: I need help for this everything ive found on it has been outdated and not helpful submitted by /u/Greedy-End-8084 [link] [comments]
  3. Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass renewal unsuccessfull but funds were deducted :(: Tthe automatic billing service deducted 79 rand from my account but today I recieved an email stating that the payment was unsuccessfull. I no longer have the funds to renew my subscription as the...
  4. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  5. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  6. I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund: I replied to a email about it and told them what happened but still not received a answer 93ddd2ee-ade7-479d-8643-c9a199676e1b
  7. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  8. Xbox chat call back not working (response is: Were unable to process your request. Please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chat call back not working (response is: Were unable to process your request. Please...: I have a faulty xbox, purchased as a Christmas present, the orser was with Microsoft direct. The order email confirmation does not provide a service link to report a problem and the online chat...
  9. "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry we were unable to complete your purchase" Only like 3 years still a recurring problem: Im a developer, 15 years in. If I cant figure out **** is wrong thats not on me. I tried to buy a minecraft expansion. I get that insanely unhelpful message. I log out log in, etc. Oh then I...
  10. Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft education says “we were unable to connect you” when joining others’ world D:: Hi! I’ve been trying to join other people’s worlds in Minecraft Education for a while but it always gives me this message.: “We were unable to connect you” With the ok button. I tried to take a...