We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (PC Game Pass Windows 10)

Discus and support We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (PC Game Pass Windows 10) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After download and install a game from xbox app, with a PC game pass available, when I launch any game I get this error on my PC: We couldn't sign you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fan Yang1, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Fan Yang1
    Fan Yang1 Guest

After download and install a game from xbox app, with a PC game pass available, when I launch any game I get this error on my PC:

We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live

We can't sign you in to Xbox Live right now. Try again in a while. If that doesn't work, we have a few ideas that might help fix the problem.

This issue started two weeks before. Some games I played before still can launch, but any new game downloaded after that cannot launch. Have searched and tried tons of solutions online and nothing worked. Also tried getting official support but seems phone call/web chat is not available to this issue.

:)

Fan Yang1, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Fan, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, update to Windows 10 and 11?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Fan Yang1 Win User

Thanks for the help, but none of those solutions can work.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really odd. I think that can be root cause.
    If you're not able to do it can be due to you don't have an administrator account / user with full permission

Try the other steps. If the issue persists you may need to do the #5
  5. Fan Yang1 Win User

Weird thing is I cannot add other user to this PC. Any clue why this happens, or might be the root cause of my issue?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really strange... none of the above worked?

In that case please try one of the next:

1. Create a new local administrator user and try from there:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

2. Open task manager > show more details > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there, restart your PC and try again

3. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

4. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry, your content will remain)

If you're on windows 10 steps are the same, you just need to download windows 10 ISO

5. Do a custom installation for your Windows system if none of the above works:

Thema:

1. We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (PC Game Pass Windows 10) - Similar Threads - couldn't sign int

2. Couldn't sign in to Xbox Live! Error (0x89235107) (on PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Couldn't sign in to Xbox Live! Error (0x89235107) (on PC): I am currently having problem with using any Microsoft connected/ Xbox Game on my PC! Yesterday I upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and made a full reset of my Data. I've installed the neccessary...
  3. (PC) We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error code 0x89235113

in XBoX Accessibility
    (PC) We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live error code 0x89235113: I was trying to play forza horizon 5 through the Microsoft store and this error popped up upon starting the game. When I tried to play forza horizon 4 through steam, it launched and was working...
  4. (PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (PC) We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102): Hello, Any time I try to use an Xbox Game, or sign into the Xbox app with my main profile, I am given the following error, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x89245102). This issue...
  5. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  6. We couldn't sign you in to Xbox live.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We couldn't sign you in to Xbox live.: I keep getting this error when trying to sign into the xbox app on a win 11 pc. Microsoft support has been useless. I do not own xbox live, I own gamepass and that is it. I do not own an xbox,...
  7. Sign in We couldn't find a work or school account with that email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in We couldn't find a work or school account with that email address.: Sign in We couldn't find a work or school account with that email address. 39aeb655-4cfb-41a7-bf9c-d23aa9074c63
  8. [PC] We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC] We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520): Getting this error as of late with any game I try and launch via the xbox app on PC. I have tested on a few games and completed reinstall for said games and same issue. Have already complete...
  9. How to fix Xbox live Error code: 0x80070520 -> "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix Xbox live Error code: 0x80070520 -> "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live....: so i got a new pc not too long ago (R7-5700G, RTX 3060, win11). And i decided to buy the xbxo gamepass yesterday to play games like minecraft and powerwash simulator and others but whenever the...
  10. We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (Game Pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We couldn't sign you int to Xbox Live (Game Pass PC): So on the game pass PC app, I am able to download games fine but when I go to play them I get this error on my tower PC: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live We can't sign you in to Xbox Live...