“We can’t sign you into Xbox Live” on starfield launcher

Discus and support “We can’t sign you into Xbox Live” on starfield launcher in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve played about 5 hours of starfield on pc prior to the issue but whenever I try to launch starfield now I get an error message saying we can’t sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cooper Barth, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Cooper Barth
    Cooper Barth Guest

I’ve played about 5 hours of starfield on pc prior to the issue but whenever I try to launch starfield now I get an error message saying we can’t sign you into Xbox live. This happened after I played the game on my Xbox and then I tried to switch back to pc I don’t know what is happening any tips.

:)

Cooper Barth, Sep 2, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Cooper Barth,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Cooper Barth.

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forum.

Based on the information you provided, you are having issues with the game when you tried to access it through windows pc. The error message "We can't sign you into Xbox Live" on the Starfield launcher could be caused by a few different things. Nothing to worry, let's try to work on this together.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions that would help us understand the issue further:

• When was this issue starts?
    • To confirm, the issue will only be presented when you switch to Windows PC, correct?
    • Were you able to play this game using Windows PC in the past?
    • What are the steps you have tried so far?

In the meantime, here are some troubleshooting steps you can initially try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection and that your network is not blocking Xbox Live services.

2. Check your Xbox Live account: Ensure that your Xbox Live account is active and that you have the correct login credentials. You can try resetting your password if you are unsure.

3. Check for updates: Make sure that your game and Xbox app are up to date. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store.

4. Clear cache: Clear the cache of the Xbox app by going to Settings > Apps > Xbox > Advanced Options > Reset.

5. Reinstall the game: If none of the above step's work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

If the issue persists, you can proceed and refer to this article that I found. This article was posted on September 8, 2018. You may want to check this out.

Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

If any case you need further help and clarification, please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Forums
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Caparthia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are unable to log into the game after downloading it. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Can we confirm if you are also seeing the error message: We can’t sign you into Xbox Live, in your PC? If yes, we would like to ask for few things:

1. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information like gamertag and email address.
    2. Are you having same issue with other Xbox games?
    3. Did you install the Starfield from Xbox app or on Microsoft Store?
    4. Since you are having issues logging into the game, may we ask if you can login your account on this link: account.microsoft.com

To ensure that the issue will be address, we would like to ask for the details above. In any case you want to be updated about the Starfield known issues, please see the details below:

• Known Issues
      • I am receiving the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Starfield on my PC
        • To resolve this install error, you’ll need to add a Reg Key Value on your PC. Since this resolution requires running a command prompt, we recommend backing up your files in case the command is improperly inputted. Proceed with caution.
        • Open a command prompt as administrator. You can find this by searching for “CMD” in your Windows Start/Search bar and then selecting “Run as administrator”
        • Once the Command Prompt is open, enter this text and then press the Enter key:
          • reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\StateRepositoryStatus /v AutoCheckIntegrity /t REG_DWORD /d 5
        • When the command prompt finishes this task, it will show “The operation completed successfully”
        • Restart your PC
        • You should no longer see this error when you resume or start your install. If you do continue to see additional errors, you can also try installing and running our Gaming Services Repair Tool with the steps posted on this support page.
      • I am receiving a "You're too early" message when attempting to launch the game.
        • If you purchased the Digital Premium Upgrade, you must own the base game or have an active Game Pass subscription on your account to access early access.
          • To check your current subscription status on console, refer to this article for assistance. View and manage your subscriptions on Xbox | Xbox Support
          • You can also view the status of your subscriptions and manage them online by signing into your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account here; Account Services | Microsoft Account
      • I'm trying to launch Starfield through the Xbox App on PC and I'm getting a "Downloading xGB of yGB" dialog box
        • If you have an updated version of the Xbox App on PC, you should be seeing "Preparing" instead of "Downloading". If you see "Downloading", that's okay! The game is not redownloading entirely - it is just verifying the files needed for launch. Let the process complete and do not cancel it.
      • I launched Starfield on my PC, but the window is stuck at "Syncing data..." for an extended period of time, and relaunching doesn't help
        • We recommend that you reboot your machine and try launching again.
      • Starfield shows as "Pre-ordered" or "Coming Soon" even though I bought the Digital Premium Edition or Digital Premium Upgrade during the early access period.
        • If you purchased the Digital Premium Upgrade, you must own the base game or have an active GamePass subscription on your account to access early access.
        • If you have the Digital Premium Edition or purchased the Digital Premium Upgrade, you will be able to play Starfield between September 1 - September 6. The badging may show “Pre-ordered” or “Coming Soon” after September 1 - this is a known issue, but it will not impact your ability to play the game during the early access period.
        • Early access is up to 5 days; actual play time depends on purchase date and is subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.
      • I am having issues installing Starfield through the Xbox App on PC, what should I do?
        • We recently launched a Beta product called the Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC. This tool automatically runs checks and installs needed updates to the Gaming Services for your PC, which can resolve many game installation and update issues. Note that as this tool is currently in Beta, it will open a command prompt that only displays English at this time.
        • To view our support article on this beta product, go here.
        • To download the Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC, go here.
        • If you continue to experience issues after using the repair tool, it’s possible that there’s another issue that needs to be resolved first. Try the solutions provided in the Xbox App for Windows troubleshooter.
    Source: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Sun Khou Win User

Starfield won't launch error code 0xc000005

Hello

Thanks for providing us with some updates on your current concern.

And we apologize if you are not quite satisfied with the service provided to you. We very much understand how important it is for you to play this game on the Xbox app. On the other hand, we are very pleased to know for now that everything is now perfectly working on your end.

By using a different game launcher like Steam, thanks for sharing this alternative option. As this will be of great help for other community members that might encounter the same problem in the future.

Please do also know that there are several known issues with the Starfield game on the Xbox app for PC. Just in case you run into any problems again with the specified game.

You can check the know issues from this thread links and support article pages: Starfield Problems - Microsoft Community / Starfield FAQ (bethesda.net).

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Thema:

1. “We can’t sign you into Xbox Live” on starfield launcher - Similar Threads - “We can’t sign

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  4. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  5. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  6. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  7. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  8. We can’t claim the Gilded Hunger Pack in our new XboxS

in XBoX on Windows
    We can’t claim the Gilded Hunger Pack in our new XboxS: Can anyone help. It says we have claimed the pack, but can’t see the FREE content, for Gilded Hunger Pack. Can anyone help. 699721f7-38bb-4a42-b0e5-53b7171b8f3a
  9. “We can’t sign you into Xbox Live” on starfield launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “We can’t sign you into Xbox Live” on starfield launcher: Split from this thread. I reinstalled and still says it cant log me in, even tho i just downloaded and am clearly logged in bd52fdec-cb6d-4477-b1f3-0379cf7caae0
  10. My sons Xbox went bang, I’ve brought him a new one but we can’t remember his sign in email?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons Xbox went bang, I’ve brought him a new one but we can’t remember his sign in email?...: My sons Xbox went bang, I’ve brought him a new one but we can’t remember his sign in email? We know his username, I’m able to log into his epic account associated to the same Xbox account? Help...