We can't play games, saying to insert disc and it is in the console

Discus and support We can't play games, saying to insert disc and it is in the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We put our disc in to console and its saying to insert disc or get it from store, is there a current problem as it was fine yesterday, please advise,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cinderdon001, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Cinderdon001
    Cinderdon001 Guest

We put our disc in to console and its saying to insert disc or get it from store, is there a current problem as it was fine yesterday, please advise, thanks.

:)

Cinderdon001, Nov 17, 2016
  2. Play a game

What am i doing wrong when Xbox One is saying insert disc but disc is already loade? I can't get any games to play and this is brand new console set up today.

KSI CheddarB0B, Nov 17, 2016
  3. elvismad69
    elvismad69 Guest
    about the optic unit

Holding the disc is the ONLY WAY the console plays any disc, if I insert it normally sends a message saying that is not a game disc. When I insert a music CD it is normal, when I insert a DVD it is normal, I got to do the holding thing only for games.

elvismad69, Nov 17, 2016
  4. We can't play games, saying to insert disc and it is in the console

If these are digital downloads, you need to be logged into the account that purchased them.

Go to your account history and confirm you have purchased them on the account you are using.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 18, 2016
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

If these are digital downloads, you need to be logged into the account that purchased them.

Go to your account history and confirm you have purchased them on the account you are using.
  6. elvismad69 Win User

about the optic unit

Holding the disc is the ONLY WAY the console plays any disc, if I insert it normally sends a message saying that is not a game disc. When I insert a music CD it is normal, when I insert a DVD it is normal, I got to do the holding thing only for games.
  7. HomegrownSilky Win User

Can I game share MW2?

You can play from that disc on any console that you'd like but you can't play it in two places at the same time. You need the disc inserted in order to play the game.
  8. brokeboysracing Win User

Brand new Xbox out of the box and the thing will not download updates

We was able to do the update but now when I insert the disc it doesn't recognize it. Still can't play.
  9. Meekrofeelm Win User

Issues With Saints Row IV National Treasures Edition Disks.

This didn't work for me. I have to insert the DLC disc into the XbOne to play. If the disc is in, the XbOne says that the DLC is "Installed". When I take out the disc, it says I must purchase it. Searching through the files in Manage Game shows that the
    DLC (as well as the Online Pass) is on the hard drive. I just can't play it without inserting the disc. Consequently, it doesn't save progress and shows that I didn't complete the DLC missions.

Fix please?
Thema:

1. We can't play games, saying to insert disc and it is in the console - Similar Threads - can't play games

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. Can't play online even with game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online even with game pass: I have a game pass console subscription but whenever I try to join an online game, a screen prompting me to buy game pass ultimate comes up and won't allow me to continue. I already have a game...
  4. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  5. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  6. I can't access online play for any games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access online play for any games: , I tried reseting xbox, reseting internet, I don't know what to do d294be48-c659-4a41-a5f3-5cf73d4e9989
  7. can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...: Change my phone and password now can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is cancel subscription and start all over. Very frustrating...
  8. Series s can't play any games online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s can't play any games online: I've had an issue like this before. It was because some old privacy settings on my old account. I'm on a new account now. I've tried reseting my console both keeping games and a full reset. I've...
  9. I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...: I've been having connection issues so I did a full factory reset. It's not allowing me to play my games offline. I haven't even used the 'home' Xbox feature as far as I know and yet it won't allow...
  10. Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out: I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook Pro and to my iPad however I cannot play any...