We can't just "plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One", says ...

Discus and support We can't just "plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One", says ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; More Xbox One update news at E3 2014 Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has stuck up for Xbox One's operating system and interface, assuring... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

More Xbox One update news at E3 2014

Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has stuck up for Xbox One's operating system and interface,

assuring Redditors
    that "we will continue to add more and more features to Xbox One - features you've seen on Xbox 360 and new ones that are only possible on Xbox One". Adding features from Xbox 360 isn't as straightforward as hitting "CTRL+C", however.

Blizzard talks Hearthstone's future: "We cant just keep adding cards forever" | GamesRadar+

:)

Lofty Who, Apr 21, 2014
  2. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest

In essence, that is what Microsoft is doing with Xbox One's back-compat feature. The back-compat file includes emulation software to turn Xbox One into a virtual Xbox 360 or original Xbox.

RandyAU93, Apr 21, 2014
  3. HEX39
    HEX39 Guest
    0x87DD0006

THANKS... thought it was just me, guess we will have to wait it out.

HEX39, Apr 22, 2014
  4. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest

Yeah!!! You tell 'em Major Nelson.

xXCamhawkXx, Apr 22, 2014
  5. FTM99
    FTM99 Guest
    Well duh,,i still don't get why people think it would be a snap of the finger and boom ,done !

FTM99, Apr 22, 2014
  6. Thanks Lofty dude!

He is right, it isn't as straight forward. On the topic of seeing more on Xbox One though, I want BBC iPlayer. Nowish! lol.

Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: