“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be...

Discus and support “We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This seems to be a recurring issue with many people around the nation. All the Microsoft agents and Xbox Ambassadors just don’t have a finite answer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keepnitrizzl, Aug 30, 2019.

1. keepnitrizzl
    keepnitrizzl Guest

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be...

This seems to be a recurring issue with many people around the nation. All the Microsoft agents and Xbox Ambassadors just don’t have a finite answer for this issue. We keep getting the “try this or this…”, “Look into this link…”, and “Have you tried this...”.
    I don’t understand why Microsoft has not investigated this and tried to fix the problem many Xbox users are having. My Xbox one S is not even a year old. I have two controllers and an Xbox compatible headset. I’ve tried a hard reset, soft reset, plugged the
    controller to a PC (checked for updates (Firmware)), cleaned the 3.5mm port, tried using a different account, tried a different controller, and even tried it with someone else’s Xbox console. Also tried the
    Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > Headset Audio - Stereo Uncompressed

or

1) Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories > More Options

2) Select Firmware version, (even if it states no update available) and then choose Update Now.

- When it’s done it should state no updates needed

- Choose Close

3) Choose More Options > Select Assigned to and re-assign your profile to your controller

4) Buzz the controller. It should buzz. If it doesn't, either the feature is turned off or the batteries are low. Use new batteries and test again.

5) Go back to Configure and choose Restore Original. This resets the controller back to defaults

6) Pull the batteries out of the controller and leave them out until the Xbox has restarted from the step below

7) Hard reset the Xbox - Hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds let go of the power button then restart the Xbox

8) Put batteries back in the controller

9) Re-sync your Xbox One controller to refresh the connection back to the Xbox.

- If you're not sure how - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

10) With your headset plugged into the bottom of your controller

- Hit the Xbox Button on your controller and instead of choosing settings, choose Audio

- Make sure the Headset volume is all the way up

11) Now test the headset and see if it's working.

The headset works fine when I plug into a phone and PC. The functionality of the controller as far as getting to play with it without the headset is fine.

I’ve gone through many threads that involve this issue. Still no set answer.

Controller to console issue? Can there be a fix (Software fix, maybe an update)? Will Microsoft have an answer to this “We can’t find a microphone for these people” error message?

It’s funny how you guys lock the thread once you put your two cents in on “possible’ fixes. I’m sure there are a ton of people who still have not gotten this problem fixed.

:)

keepnitrizzl, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Kathy A. Win User

“We Can’t find a microphone for these people”

Hello Tamsin Morgan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that your new headset's mic is undetected. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to isolate the issue:

• Can we ask for the make and model of your headset?
    • We would like to confirm since you added this question to Xbox Console. Are you trying to pair this headset and controller to Xbox console or PC?

Power cycle your controller and then try the other suggestions below:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Have you tried connecting the headset to your brother's controller to your Xbox console or PC? If the issue only occurs with your controller, it's possible that there may be an issue with the controller's audio jack. You can also try resetting your Xbox's audio settings by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Reset audio settings.

Connect your controller directly to your device and see if your microphone is detected.

Try connecting your headset to a PC or phone and see if you can use that for any messaging call or record your voice.

Let us know how it went.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

“We Can’t find a microphone for these people”

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. keepnitrizzl Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

The Xbox system does not detect the mic and there is no sound coming out of the headset.

When connecting to a PC or phone the headset has sound. Although I did not test the microphone to see if it was detected at all. I will attempt that later

I still think the issue is with the Xbox one S controller that originally came with the console.
  5. keepnitrizzl Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

The jack has the 3 black lines.
  6. keepnitrizzl Win User

Thank you for that information I really appreciate any help. When I get home I will attempt to blow compressed air into the port. It's quite frustrating trying to figure things out and spending more money just to get a headset to function properly. All
    to keep a young kid happy.
Thema:

1. “We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be... - Similar Threads - “We can’t find

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  4. Had to reset and can’t figure out what email was used but have gamer tag how do we find...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Had to reset and can’t figure out what email was used but have gamer tag how do we find...: So we had to reset xbox and now we can’t figure out what email and pass word was used to make the xbox account. I have his cod log in linked but it doesn’t give more then the gamer tag. If i...
  5. “We Can’t find a microphone for these people”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “We Can’t find a microphone for these people”: So for the past few days i have been trying to use my new headset, i plug it into my controller it says its fine at first then all of a sudden before i connect it says we cannot find a microphone....
  6. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...
  7. We can’t find a microphone for these people

in XBoX on Consoles
    We can’t find a microphone for these people: I'm using a PXN steering wheel on an Xbox One. I plug the steering wheel into the console via USB and it works fine. Then I plug my normal controller to the USB on the steering wheel and that...
  8. OneGuide “We can’t find that channel” error

in XboX Insiders
    OneGuide “We can’t find that channel” error: Alpha skip ahead on Xbox One X. When I launch OneGuide, i’m immediately met with a blank screen and the channel error. The app doesn’t crash, but doesn’t respond to any inputs to change the...
  9. Keep getting a “We can’t find a microphone for these people” message in the party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting a “We can’t find a microphone for these people” message in the party: Just started earlier today, I got to my controller about to finish a video and I couldn’t get any sound to fo come through my headset. I did the usual unplugged the headset and plugged it back in...
  10. Mic says “We can’t find a microphone for these people”.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic says “We can’t find a microphone for these people”.: so a few weeks back I had an issue where I was getting the message “we can’t find a microphone for these people” when I had my mic plugged in. I use a Turtle beach 50x recon. It definitely isn’t...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant find a microphone for these people

2. error message we cant find a microphone for these people