WD MyBook Issues.

Discus and support WD MyBook Issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all. Just recently I have been having issues with my external hard drive. I am unable to download or move any games onto it. Additionally the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by popjoint, Mar 16, 2016.

1. popjoint
    popjoint Guest

WD MyBook Issues.

Hello all. Just recently I have been having issues with my external hard drive. I am unable to download or move any games onto it. Additionally the external does not show up in 'My Games and Apps'. The problem just started recently. The hard drive still
    shows up in Settings_All Settings_System_Storage. The problems just started recently. I've used the external for about 6 months without any issues until now.

I use a Western Digital 4TB MyBook. I have tried contacting Xbox Support to no avail. I have already formatted my hard drive hoping it would help. Any input would be nice.

:)

popjoint, Mar 16, 2016
  2. Need Advice On External Drive

i got the WD mybook 3 tb and it works fantastic, .....so far.

sikamikanico420, Mar 16, 2016
  3. davawol
    davawol Guest
    Which External HDD you using?

i have a 1tb wd mybook essential and it is not reading my hard drive anyone know how to get it to work on my xbox one

davawol, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Captain_WD
    Captain_WD Guest

WD MyBook Issues.

Hey there PopJoint,

I'm sorry for the situation. Have you tried connecting the drive to a working PC and see if it can actually function?

I would recommend you try that and see if you can detect the drive in BIOS,
    Device Manager
    and
    Disk Management

If you can access the drive I'd recommend backing up everything important from it and perform some diagnostic tests just to see if the drive is causing the problems or not. I would recommend downloading and running
    WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool and see if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests. Have in mind that the extended test takes quite a lot of time.

I would also recommend using a third-party tool to get the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status. They can show you some detailed info about your drive's condition. If you are not sure how to read them feel free to post them here. WD MyBook Issues. :)

Post back with some info!

Captain_WD, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Captain_WD Win User

WD MyBook Issues.

Hey there PopJoint,

I'm sorry for the situation. Have you tried connecting the drive to a working PC and see if it can actually function?

I would recommend you try that and see if you can detect the drive in BIOS,
    Device Manager
    and
    Disk Management

If you can access the drive I'd recommend backing up everything important from it and perform some diagnostic tests just to see if the drive is causing the problems or not. I would recommend downloading and running
    WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool and see if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests. Have in mind that the extended test takes quite a lot of time.

I would also recommend using a third-party tool to get the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status. They can show you some detailed info about your drive's condition. If you are not sure how to read them feel free to post them here. :)

Post back with some info!

6. sikamikanico420 Win User

Need Advice On External Drive

i got the WD mybook 3 tb and it works fantastic, .....so far.
  7. davawol Win User

Which External HDD you using?

i have a 1tb wd mybook essential and it is not reading my hard drive anyone know how to get it to work on my xbox one
  8. Vertigo057 Win User

External drives for the XBox One X

I'm using a WD MyBook 2 TB and love it. It's a little loud compared to the older model, but can be easily solved by placing it on a padded surface.
  9. JamesTech Win User

Western digital external hard drives

I got a WD MyBook and I like it, but it doesn't shut down like it does with a computer

I say Xbox needs to make the Xbox One power off USB when you turn the One off

Please fix this issue Xbox
Thema:

WD MyBook Issues.

1. WD MyBook Issues. - Similar Threads - MyBook Issues

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead

in XboX Insiders
    WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead: I used the USB type-c to a cable with the package from WD to connect the unit to X1X, everytime it will prompt me to format it to fit with Xbox's game storage standard and I can see it shows will...
  8. Can't get MyBook 3Tb hard drive to connect to my Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get MyBook 3Tb hard drive to connect to my Xbox 1: I have had a 1tb external hard drive hooked up to my xbox 1 but decided to switch it with the 3tb one that I have had hooked up to my computer. I plugged the 3tb Western Digital MyBook into the...
  9. Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive: I have used this external hard drive for a while with my computer and used a 1Tb for my Xbox 1. Now that the 1tb is starting to get full, I was going to try and switch them. However, when I hook...
  10. Using WD MyBook or MyPassport Ultra for External Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using WD MyBook or MyPassport Ultra for External Drive: Hey guys! I'm trying to decide between the MyBook or MyPassport 4TB for my Xbox One. I've read a ton of positive reviews on both and I'm just curious about the reliability of the two drives for...