Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

Discus and support Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/nicnacnic1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

Hey everyone!
    I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is nicnacnic3485. I also own an YT and Twitch channel and viewers are having trouble finding my account. If anyone needs the support chat, here it is: https://microsoft-xbox.directly.com...9&et=2c99859373799ff10173a826e5a97278&fe=true

Thanks.

submitted by /u/nicnacnic1
    [link] [comments]

/u/nicnacnic1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nburns25 Win User

Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not

Hello,

Microsoft has stated previously that an account must be inactive for a minimum of 2 years before being designated as inactive. After that period, the gamertag can be reclaimed by a new account. Before then, there is no way to claim the gamertag if it is
    linked to an account that has not been inactive for two years.

I hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Claiming an inactive gamertag

With the gamertag update last year, you can use a gamertag even if it's already in use, however, it will give you a suffix to differentiate you between the original. https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq

Otherwise, as long as it's still on the servers, there's no way for you to take it. 2021 would be the first time tags are freed up since that policy went in place, but even then, even if the game isn't in use on an Xbox, it may be in use elsewhere. So there's
    no guarantee it will be freed up.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Inactive Gamertag Claiming

Per the terms of service, if a person does not sign into their account for 5 years, the account will be released.
  5. Spenceretro Win User

Thanks for the quick reply, really helped. I have just seen rumors or heard about people being able to claim other gamertags that are somehow inactive, that is why I thought I would put my question out there. Thanks again.
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Spenceretro

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what info worked for you.

As there is no further info that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being a part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
Thema:

Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

1. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag? - Similar Threads - claim inactive gamertag

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  4. It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.

in XBoX on Windows
    It says my minecraft tiktok cape already is claimed.: I play on computer and have tried to redeem the code in both the Minecraft and Microsoft website and it still says its already is claimed. I would really like to have the cape so I would...
  5. IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...

in XBoX on Windows
    IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...: IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN AND OTHERS IN SPAIN HAVE THE TIKTOK CAPE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  7. what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code

in XBoX on Windows
    what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code: i claimed a roblox gift card and looked away for a few second plus i cant find the code it did take away my points though i have tried most suggestion i have been given but it doesn't work...
  8. Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?: I Have bedrock edition for my computer, but I can't seem to claim my Java. where can I get help on this topic? 8371bed2-81f7-4b32-8efb-8f171967cec1
  9. i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i claim fallout 76 for free from amazon prime, but coudnt download it neither from...: the issue is every time i hit the install button on the Microsoft store, the install button turns grey, and nothing happens afterwards. i did try to download it from Xbox app but another issue...
  10. Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle claimed but not showing in game: Hello, I recently redeemed the Overwatch 2 Season 10 Perks Bundle from the Xbox app on the PC. I do not use an actual Xbox. After redeeming the code, my perks that were allegedly going to be...