Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

Discus and support Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vinayak Nandan, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show some output device options including Headset, Headphone etc. But it started not showing anything despite it being plugged in properly. Due to this the microphone connected to my headset doesn't work and isn't being detected, but for some reason the speakers of the headset itself does work. Someone help please.

Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device [​IMG]

Update: I tried updating my Realtek audio driver and my audio sounds better from the headset but mic still isn't being detected. Also now it looks like this, I cant even select any options.

Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device [​IMG]

:)

Vinayak Nandan, Feb 17, 2024
  2. GC328 Win User

HDMI - I get picture but NO SOUND!

Also, you might want to configure your xbox audio to Digital Stereo in case your PC can't encode audio formats other than the digital stereo format. See steps below:

Configure the console audio settings

Note The steps below might differ depending on the type of cable that you use on your console and the audio receiver or the output device that you use.

Start the Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.

Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.

Select Console Settings, and thenselect Audio.

Select Digital Output and then select the digital output used by your audio system:

this -> Digital Stereo

not -> Dolby Digital 5.1

not -> Dolby Digital with WMA Pro: This setting enables WMA Pro pass-through if your receiver supports the WMA Pro format.

Hope this helps.
  3. MattSTKC Win User

Audio output problem

Ok so you're getting audio from other sources on your TV? Try resetting your audio settings -

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Console Settings, and then select Audio.

Select Digital Output, and then select the digital output used by your audio system:

Digital Stereo

Dolby Digital 5.1

Dolby Digital with WMA Pro: This setting enables WMA Pro pass-through if your receiver supports the WMA Pro format.

If not, try a different HDMI port
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

No Audio

Hi, in the display output settings on the Xbox check that you do not have DVI set. That only outputs video not audio. You should ideally have it set at Auto Detect or even HDMI if Auto Detect gives you issues.
  5. syoo47 Win User

System Audio Settings Reverts After System Resumes.

This is just a guess, but I think your HDMI is probably set to "HDMI (Auto detect)". If so, try changing this to "HDMI" instead, then manually set your output resolution and your audio output again. Now the audio settings should stay put after resuming...
  6. DugFreez Win User

Sound Advice: HDMI Output Problems

My Xbox One X has the same issue. I only noticed it doing it recently. I usually have HDMI audio set to output bitstream (DD), but on startup I will occasionally see it has change the HDMI audio output to 5.1 uncompressed. It's easy to notices as my
    receiver will show as outputting Pro Logic II instead of DD 5.1 as it should when the Xbox One X is outputting a bitstream signal over the HDMI.

A power cycle does nothing. The only way to fix it is to go back into the audio setting and change it back to output bitstream over HDMI. It also doesn't do it every time the system is turned on. Sometimes it will turn on and remain on bitstream output as it
    should.

Strangely enough I just noticed it doing this since i got a PS4 Pro. Almost as if going from the PS4 Pro's HDMI input to the Xbox One X's HDMI messes things up somehow. Though I haven't been able to find a situation where that can be replicated.

In any case....it seems ludicrous that a setting like that will just keep changing itself.
Thema:

Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

1. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device - Similar Threads - Waves Maxx Audio

2. How do I know when it is an active preview wave?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I know when it is an active preview wave?: I’m pretty new to all this, i’ve been in the program for over a year, but forgot to actually enter into the rings. I want to upgrade into the next ring, but want to prevent factory settings. How...
  3. Xbox credit card when is the next wave?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox credit card when is the next wave?: As the title says does anyone know when the next wave is of Xbox credit card apps are gonna be sent out? I’m looking forward to it lol. submitted by /u/Kaosberserker [link] [comments]
  4. My afterglow wave controllers wire port came messed up I know it's not the cord because I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My afterglow wave controllers wire port came messed up I know it's not the cord because I...: I bought it after market but new and it wasn't open so I know I can't get it replaced so I want to know how to fix it f0f4aa59-91e2-438f-9f3a-b253192e9043
  5. How do I set up UPnP on on my Spectrum Wave 2 router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set up UPnP on on my Spectrum Wave 2 router?: How do I set up UPnP on on my Spectrum Wave 2 router? 8fdc914d-f6a8-4709-aa96-b448933f2f41
  6. UPS for Xbox Series S. Which sine wave better?

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPS for Xbox Series S. Which sine wave better?: Hello, in my country (Ukraine) there may be shutdowns electricity. And I decided to buy UPS, which better for Xbox Series S: - regular sine wave; - steps sine wave; and maybe others sine waves?...
  7. Any get a message from flight wave 3?

in XboX Insiders
    Any get a message from flight wave 3?: I have not received a reservation or denial as of yet. Anyone hear anything? submitted by /u/Plus-Scratch835 [link] [comments]
  8. Wave 3 purchase pilot messages yet?

in XboX Insiders
    Wave 3 purchase pilot messages yet?: Saw in the announcement from last week that this should happen today or tomorrow. I didnt get any message last time so wondering if anyone has heard anything yet. submitted by /u/Medwynd...
  9. Is there anyone that didn't receive a message from the second wave of names xbox released...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anyone that didn't receive a message from the second wave of names xbox released...: I only ask because I saw people got messages a few days ago and I still haven't gotten anything, even though I got a message the first time. submitted by /u/IGutlessIWonder [link] [comments]
  10. Console Purchase Pilot: Wave 2 messaging phase begins today!

in XboX Insiders
    Console Purchase Pilot: Wave 2 messaging phase begins today!: Hey Xbox Insiders, we're ready to move into the next messaging phase for the Xbox Series X|S Console Purchase Pilot. If you enrolled in the Console Purchase Pilot flight in the Xbox Insider Hub...