Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

Discus and support Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to suggest that it would be a great idea if we could have the ability to have a youtube video or a series from hbo max play in a small... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GibFoodFastPls, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

Hello, I wanted to suggest that it would be a great idea if we could have the ability to have a youtube video or a series from hbo max play in a small rectangle on top right of the screen for example while we play games. This would be so cool and we get less bored when we are in a lobby looking for a match.

Another suggestion is the option for deadzone in the xbox accessories app. The series X|S controllers have big deadzone imo, and it would be great if we could make it smaller from the controller accessories app itself.

submitted by /u/GibFoodFastPls
    [link] [comments]

/u/GibFoodFastPls, Aug 27, 2023
  2. HurrakaneSensei Win User

Can I install a game and watch netflix at the same time?

I've played Killer Instinct, watched Netflix and even watched movies on xbox video while my games downloaded.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Destiny 2 and YouTube/Amazon App

I don't think that's so much a bug as a system issue. Destiny 2 does use a fair amount of system resources and it's not recommended to to watch movies/videos from other apps while playing it. My suggestion would be to watch your videos on another device
    while you're playing the game.
  4. dzyd Win User

twitch.tv streamer

i remember when playing video games was a "waste of time". Now we are sitting watching another person play a video game? Seems like a matter of time before I am watching someone sit there who is watching someone else play a video game. Sounds fun!

i would rather play myself or watch tv or a movie....or even stupid video clips on Youtube.
  5. EkuquoL Win User

Age and games.

Thats pretty redundant ... But theres never a day... I wish I was growing up in this era. WIth the tech going up now. Its annoying...

Maturity is destinquished by playing video games? I thought it was just an age thing.

But if you want to contrast down. Look at people who watch Jersey Shore. I would rather play a video game then watch people talking about the smush room or getting drunk.

People play games various ways... From meaningless frisby golf. To poker... TOO chess. People also will sit in one spot for hours watching people play games. To watching movies. I'd rather play a video game then sit still and not use my brain and all. That
    is what you do when you watch TV, ZERO brain activity. Even various types of reading is a form of fatansy living as like watching a movie--the reader is just imagining inside a scenario of events on paper.

/

So video games... Is just as mature as watching a movie, but a moVIE WHERE *YOU* ARE FREAKIN SHOOTING SOMEONE... OR someone bashing SOMEONE UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A MASSIVE SWORD.

So ... I do not call video games immature... Because its just controlling, using various of skill and tact upon a set scenario. Simply, watching a movie but having control of what goes on.

/

/

You may see people complaining about games ruining youth... But thats just endorsements from Hollywood trying to get you to stop playing games and start buying movies again. Its Ironic though... You can sit and watch the movie "Harold and Kumar do christmas"
    and watch them give a kid drugs IN THE MOVIE or even watch a minor cut people in half in the movie "KICK @$$". But when you play a game you stab someone with a syringe, as like in ManHunt2(REALLY MISS THAT TITLE) Hollywood takes all stabs at it.

/

Games are a form of story telling. You use more of your brain in games then you do in movies or watching TV... If you aint like video games... You shouldn't waste anyones time criticizen them.... Just go watch your Jersey shore... While I destroy various
    of people with a M1 tank in Battlefield3
  6. onyxishere Win User

Can you insert a disc into the Xbox one while a game is being installed?

Yes, you can play games or watch movies while digital games are installing.
Thema:

Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game

1. Watching a video, movie, or series while playing a game - Similar Threads - Watching video movie

2. Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?: I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 S and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it. I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p....
  3. YouTube: video paused. Continue watching?

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube: video paused. Continue watching?: Auto paused There is a turn off switch fore this problem! 2d5bde38-ab67-4a18-bd84-27c3e0d6fa99
  4. Xbox clips should have the voice commutation so the video clips can be more enjoyable to watch

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox clips should have the voice commutation so the video clips can be more enjoyable to watch: . submitted by /u/Shoddy_Shallot_3672 [link] [comments]
  5. I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app

in XboX Insiders
    I can never watch any movie from the Xbox video app: Every time I try to rent a movie from them they always buffer to the point that the movie stops, an error occurs and then I have to restart the movie. submitted by /u/KIRBYTIME [link] [comments]
  6. Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up.

in XboX Insiders
    Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up.: Watch video apps while playing, via pop-up, What do you think of this idea? submitted by /u/DramaticBasket5 [link] [comments]
  7. Green tint when I choose a video to watch on Youtube since Alpha skip update:...

in XboX Insiders
    Green tint when I choose a video to watch on Youtube since Alpha skip update:...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pfunk1223 [link] [comments]
  8. I'm trying to watch Star Wars 4k blu Ray and keep getting video flickering.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to watch Star Wars 4k blu Ray and keep getting video flickering.: I was trying to watch Star Wars today and while using the 4k blu ray, it keeps having handshake errors which causes flickering. I get a HDR10 message and temporary black screen on my tv every 3 to...
  9. While using xbox game streaming, is there a way to watch One-guide/Netflix/Amazon video etc.?

in XboX Insiders
    While using xbox game streaming, is there a way to watch One-guide/Netflix/Amazon video etc.?: As mentioned in the title, is there a way to be able to use One-guide or other streaming services while I'm using the game streaming app on my phone? I'm hugely interested in the prospect of game...
  10. So every time I watch a stream on YouTube after 10-20 minutes the quality of video dips by...

in XboX Insiders
    So every time I watch a stream on YouTube after 10-20 minutes the quality of video dips by...: submitted by /u/TheYoungJake0 [link] [comments]