Watch Dog reviews.

Discus and support Watch Dog reviews. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've always struggled to see what's supposed to be interesting about this game. a0839e88-c48f-4213-9a6f-16b0429f9945 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burst Axe, May 18, 2014.

1. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest

Watch Dog reviews.

I've always struggled to see what's supposed to be interesting about this game.

:)

Burst Axe, May 18, 2014
  2. GTA V or Watch Dogs?

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

I'm going to get GTA V (360) and Watch Dogs (Wii U) later this year but I can't decide which one is the better of the two. I suppose it's Watch Dogs.

[/quote]

I plan on getting GTA 5 only if the reviews are good. Watch Dogs I don't care about really.

Advantage Camo, May 18, 2014
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Titan Fall? More like Titan Fail!

Currently, I'm more interested in Quantum Break, D4, Minecraft, & Watch Dogs. I'll probably wait for the reviews to watch it and see if it's something I might actually like.

Eggnogga, May 18, 2014
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

Watch Dog reviews.

I haven't read any of the reviews, just the comment sections but after reading that ^ above, that sounds absolutely stupid to me.

Like any game, sometimes I just want to do my own thing, sometimes play online but to get punished for changing what you do?

At this moment in time my decision to cancel my pre-order for now seems more justified ( for myself )

Lofty Who, May 18, 2014
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I'm definitely going to read reviews on this first. Hopefully Angry Joe reviews it.

brandiesel1, May 18, 2014
  6. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I don'y know why, but something has been in my head about avoiding this game, I may be wrong, and it turns out to be a must have AAA, but something, just says avoid.

eviltedi, May 18, 2014
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    ^^ I've had that feeling to way before these reviews. I'm still excited and I hope it does well.

brandiesel1, May 18, 2014
  8. ZombieDeano
    ZombieDeano Guest

Watch Dog reviews.

This game does nothing for me. But it should. I'm a fan of these types of games, so I should definitely be interested but i'm just not. Timing? Delays? Don't know, but something tells me that this game stinks.

ZombieDeano, May 18, 2014
  9. III Cujo III
    III Cujo III Guest
    I think it looks good, got my pre-order locked and loaded. Plus in Australia we can win a Toyota 86 when you pre-order it!

III Cujo III, May 18, 2014
  10. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    This is very concerning. I was going to download this on day 1 but I guess Ill wait a little while.

x24hrs2livex, May 18, 2014
  11. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    I wouldn't put much stock behind anything William Usher writes, 99% of whatever he writes is biased junk.

From what I've seen the game looks really good and I'm excited to play it and hope it's nothing like GTA because I haven't played a GTA game that I could stand long enough to finish without being bored to death.

Zero Divided, May 18, 2014
  12. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    I'm buying it on release, clearly the consoles are lacking, but I don't have a good enough rig so X1 it is. Game is going to be great, gameplay leaks show a lot of potnential IMO. Aside from the poor player control (due to the uploader) and the average
    driving mechanics it seems like a lot of fun.

Hellfire IRL, May 18, 2014
  13. Watch Dog reviews.

I'll keep mine pinned but this thread has changed my mind about buying day one. I'll follow reviews and if I want it get it digitally.

A Virtual Duck, May 18, 2014
  14. "Watch Dogs' First Review Laments Xbox One's Last-Gen Graphics"

"The biggest takeaway from the review? Watch Dogs on the new-gen consoles looks like Grand Theft Auto IV on the old-gen consoles."

"I do have to say, though, while the video contains the sort of gameplay you would expect from a coked up celebrity playing with one hand tied behind their back, the graphics – even with the potato-quality resolution in the feed – still shine through with
    shocking clarity. I must say, I'm impressed with the visual fidelity of Watch Dogs on the PS4. Mostly the use of color correction during the day and night phases, as well as the subtlety in the light reflections and shadow casting throughout the environment.

Dare I say, it's like a pubescent version of Boris Vorontsov's GTA IV's ENB mod."

OK, it appears they are not actually saying it looks like GTA IV on last gen. They are saying it looks like this GTA IV ENB mod. And that mod makes GTA IV look so much better. Of course that is about the PS4 version. In the article with the title I quoted
    first they say:

WCCF's Ali Naqi writes that...

“The visual fidelity is definitely not on point to E3 2012 – without big explosions which make sense – and the daytime looks bland and equivalent to Grand Theft Auto V (a last generation title which was highly optimized). Keep in mind, this is just on consoles
    after all.”

So, basically that is stating GTA V not IV although the article says the biggest takewaway is "Watch Dogs on the new-gen consoles looks like Grand Theft Auto IV on the old-gen consoles". And in the video they are talking about it raining. The voice says:
    "Its finally raining..the grand moment we have been waiting on. During the day it does not look better than GTA Online <--- Not IV. But when it is raining it really shines....."

And from the video it did look good during the raining scene there. I have no idea if this game will be good but no way I would care what this is saying. If he had not jumped from GTA Online to GTA IV to GTA Online to GTA V in comparisons maybe. No way
    from the video I get a GTA IV vibe from it. And it looked better than GTA V as well. He did say the daytime was not better but I have seen a few videos (although they were PS4) that definitely appeared to look better. The little bit of gameplay he was showing
    looked solid. And considering this game is on 360/PS3 as well as One/PS4 and PC I would expect it to not be graphically as good as something only targeting One/PS4 and PC.

Guerrero Ultimo, May 18, 2014
  15. I am so sick of reading these reviews that base EVERYTHING on graphics. I don't care if the graphics are PS3/XBOX 360 looking. As long as the game feels good, and I have a lot of fun playing it. I mean look at Dead Rising 3. It sure doesn't look fantastic
    on the XBOX ONE. But those that really matter? No. The game is fun. Even if Watch Dogs doesn't look perfect it will still handle a lot more objects on screen, players online, and preform better.

Besides not to be rude, hopefully I am not. I haven't even heard of these reviewers.

aRagingCanadian, May 18, 2014
Thema:

Watch Dog reviews.

1. Watch Dog reviews. - Similar Threads - Watch Dog reviews

2. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  3. Green and link screen when watching 4k films ?!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Green and link screen when watching 4k films ?!!!: I brought the abyss from amazon.com as soon as I started playing it my screen went green and pink ?!!!! Now every time I try playing a film it does the same ?!!! e126937c-f188-48bf-8338-bd1918bcd602
  4. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  5. Just playing some Dead By Daylight if y'all want to come and watch my stream

in XboX Insiders
    Just playing some Dead By Daylight if y'all want to come and watch my stream: Watch mecauseublow with me on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/mecauseublow?sr=a submitted by /u/Flat_Manufacturer196 [link] [comments]
  6. My achievement "prize catch" in watch dogs 2 was bugged. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My achievement "prize catch" in watch dogs 2 was bugged. What can I do?: Achievement "prize catch" watch dogs 2 bugged 7af60c62-0331-4f95-b978-166e27aa3854
  7. Watch Dogs 2 doesn't work on my Xbox series S even though I own the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Watch Dogs 2 doesn't work on my Xbox series S even though I own the game: I have the disc version of watch dogs 2 on my Xbox 1 and when I try to play the game on my series s it says it’s in a a a trial, why is this? I already own the game does this mean I have to pay...
  8. why when i try to install watch dogs 2 from the game pass it ask me to install the ubisoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why when i try to install watch dogs 2 from the game pass it ask me to install the ubisoft...: hello, i have a problem when trying to install watch dogs 2 from the pc game pass, when i press the download bouton, it tells me to install the ubisoft connect app, but i already have it, i...
  9. Unable to redownload xbox 360 watch dog game Error 800700E8

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to redownload xbox 360 watch dog game Error 800700E8: I did a license transfer to my other xbox 360 as my old 360 has died of red ring of dot. However I managed to redownload all my gamesfrom my download history except for game watchdog. It is giving...
  10. Watch Dog ghost in the game ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Watch Dog ghost in the game ???: Hey all i was playing last night and came across this glitch on my game last night when i was about to do a cell tower unlock when a ghost with a shotgun started to shoot at my car for no reason...