Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

Discus and support Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tezz ., Mar 12, 2024.

1. Tezz .
    Tezz . Guest

Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it

:)

Tezz ., Mar 12, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Wait. A sec

You are forgetting the most important thing

Once a code.has been consumed

Meaning if he redeemed it

It.can't be refunded

Or did he not.consume it

Yes consume means redeemed the code

Any codes e redeemed cant be refunded as they are one time use codes
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Gift card

Hello Nick,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If you are wanting to get a gift card refunded you will have to go back to the point of purchase. These are hard to get refunded as they are unable to de-activate them. Once they scan it its activated for use. If they are
    unable to refund you will most likely have to use it for yourself.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Gifted Xbox Digital Game Refund

Hello,

You unfortunately won’t be eligible for a refund since the code has already been redeemed and there’s no way to cancel that. Your brother would need a Series X|S console to play it.

As explained here:

Help with giving digital games as gifts | Xbox Support

Important You must request a refund for an unredeemed code within 14 days of making the purchase. If the code has been redeemed, we're unable to process a refund, even if it's within 14 days of purchase. For more info, see:

Microsoft Gift Terms and Conditions (digital goods)
  6. Jodiaberva Win User

Bingo Server Down Again

Last week i just get the daily gift and after that i get the error . Unable to conect to server. But this week i even can't get the daily gift.

With enough people who are complaining you should think they answer an fix it.

I wanna play again please.
Thema:

1. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played - Similar Threads - Was unable refund

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  4. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  5. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  6. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  7. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  8. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  9. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  10. Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund: Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund. I purchased minecraft a few years ago but my son really wanted Java. So I purchased through my account to install on his PC but now I...