Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew

Discus and support Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription but was charged a week later even though I turned off auto-renew multiple days before it was set to start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by havoclyn, Feb 13, 2018.

1. havoclyn
    havoclyn Guest

I canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription but was charged a week later even though I turned off auto-renew multiple days before it was set to start another month. I was confused as it told me I had already paid for another month of the service at the time
    of cancellation, despite there being no pending withdrawals on my bank account. This morning (February 13, date of renewal was supposed to be February 10 but I cancelled it before) I checked my account to see what the balance was at as I recently bought something,
    just to see that the $10 had been taken out of my account. Is it possible to be refunded this $10? Money is tight in my household & every penny counts.

:)

havoclyn, Feb 13, 2018
  2. xbox live gold didnt renew

I was billed $9.99 and i forgot i had auto-renewal on so i turned it off right after i was billed. So my xbox live expired today even though i was still charged for it to renew today. Does my xbox live renew or what?

RockstarGames03, Feb 13, 2018
  3. D33DP00L6666
    D33DP00L6666 Guest
    Xbox live account is lit working

first Xbox live charged me for a month even though I turned auto renew off then 4 days after is now saying I don’t have Xbox live and hasn’t refunded my bank account or anything ?

D33DP00L6666, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew

Internet Expert, Feb 13, 2018
  5. XD bellsprout Win User

HOW DO I REMOVE MY ZUNE PASS SUBSCRIPTION

I bought a month's membership for a pound deal with my card. I got the free trial for Zune but have recently been charged 8.99. I have turned my auto renewal on Xbox Live and Zune off, but have heard complaints that even with auto renewal turned off from
    Zune they have still been charged. So i'm just worried even with auto renewal turned off for Zune i'm going to get charged, any help?
  6. Smwutches Win User

I don't want gold anymore

It sounds like you left auto-renewal turned on. Whenever you purchase Gold from Xbox it turns on auto-renewal. If you don't turn it off, they will continue to charge you for Live. If they are unable to charge you for some reason, they will suspend your account
    until you pay off the balance you owe.
  7. chuckles0991 Win User

Expiration date help

Issue has been found- it auto renewed EVEN THOUGH MY AUTO RENEW IS TURNED OFF.

And yes, I know for a fact auto renewal was turned off.

The charge hasn't hit my bank account yet thank God, but now I have to scrape up cash or I'm going to be over drafted and charged an additional $35 by my bank. Thanks Microsoft!
  8. RobertReido Win User

2 Months for £2

No, your gold membership will not be affected even if you turn off Auto-Renewal.

PLEASE NOTE: If you deactivate Auto-Renewal. Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will end on the date of expiration.
  9. Internet Expert Win User

Thema:

1. Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew - Similar Threads - Was charged Live

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Xbox charging dock (component pack)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox charging dock (component pack): I got my xbox elite series 2 controller a while ago and wonder if the charging dock in the component pack is some sort of additional battery ? or just a useless dock since the controller can stand...
  5. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  6. xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge: I made an order of xbox design lab product this morning. When I placed the payment, I receive the credit card charged information, but I didn't receive the e-mail of the confirmation of my...
  7. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  8. How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account: There were chargers made to my account 32e46896-9b5c-441b-9005-ed922cfc5c7a
  9. Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my Xbox account and still being charged for Live subscription: For weeks now I have been locked out of my Xbox account (different from the account I am posting this on) and have tried countless times to get back into it to no avail. There has been unusual...
  10. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514