Warzone freezing and crashing on Series X|S

Discus and support Warzone freezing and crashing on Series X|S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot play Warzone without it freezing my system almost every game, sometimes after just a couple of minutes in a game! This happened on my Series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lukeo-498A15FA-A54D-4EC4-, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Warzone freezing and crashing on Series X|S

I cannot play Warzone without it freezing my system almost every game, sometimes after just a couple of minutes in a game! This happened on my Series S, and the exact same thing is now happening on my Series X which I bought to replace it. I’ve seen a lot
    of people with this issue, but sometimes with slightly different symptons and not with Warzone.

What happens after the game freezes; it follows one of two routes:

1. Whole screen just freezes. I can still continue to speak in my party, but on my friend’s screen I leave the game. I can press the xbox guide button and hear it opening, but cannot see anything because the screen is frozen. Nothing will work until I hold
    down the power button on my console and reboot.

2. The game crashes and takes me back to the xbox dashboard/home screen. However, if I try to launch any game or app (even console settings earlier) they will load up half way and freeze no matter how many times I try. Nothing will operate correctly until
    I, as above, hold the power button on my console and reboot.

I can literally play Forza in 4k for a few hours, but cannot play Warzone for even 90 seconds sometimes..!

Here is what I have already tried:

- ensuring the console has a lot of ventilation/surrounding space

- reinstalling the game and even restoring console to factory settings

- disabling the console’s inactivity timer

- disabling auto HDR

I will update this as and when any other potential solutions are attempted.

:)

Lukeo-498A15FA-A54D-4EC4-, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Jamie Hendrix1 Win User

Why dose my console crash every time I got to play call of duty mw2

I have a series x and only on call of duty this is happening but its not just the game freezing or crashing its making my xbox freeze and bug out
  3. Devilchildz Win User

Call of duty warzone xbox series s

I only have it with the game warzone but its not everytime that i had a freeze/crash
  4. KaJe883Duncan Win User

Series X Shuts Down Playing Warzone

Thanks for the help. Activision website didn't do much. All it told me is pretty much what I've already done.

"Games can freeze or crash during gameplay for a variety of reasons. When the game freezes, you will need to quit the game and close the application, and then restart the game. In some instances, you might also need to reboot your console. If the game crashes, you will typically get kicked to the dashboard where you can simply restart the game."

That's about all it gives me information wise. Very frustrating. Never had issues like this on the XBOX One, so that's why I keep thinking it's an Series X issue. I've only had the Series X about a month. But again just played Madden 22 for several hours no issues. Jumped on Warzone and console restarted within 30 minutes.
  5. DanielSchnell2 Win User

Battlefield 2042 hard crashing series X

The game is actually freezing and crashing hard, and that since the last patch.....it really annoys me, NO

it's pissing me really off.

I can't play normal on a Xbox Series X without a crash or a freezing Game. Playing with Xbox Series X controller, 4K HDR 60FPS , cross play enabled (without crossplay the Xbox found no Matches )

The Game crashes 10 min into play, either when in a match or in menu.

I have conducted following troubleshooting steps: Reset the game, reinstalled the game, reset the console completly, reset the console, removed everything and nstalled BF2042 again....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Series-X-BF2042-Crash-Persists/td-p/11024163/page/10
  6. GregPhipps1 Win User

Why does Starfield keep crashing on my series x?

It’s the same with my series X. Everything is fine on my end. The game either freezes or crashes at least 5 times a play through. I heard Starfield can’t keep up with the graphics that X expects on their end.
Thema:

Warzone freezing and crashing on Series X|S

1. Warzone freezing and crashing on Series X|S - Similar Threads - Warzone freezing crashing

2. Need help with warzone 3

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with warzone 3: Every time i restore cod warzone, it ask me in the game menu showing i cannot played warzone battle royal its asking to download 10.2gb of dlc, meanwhile i already downloaded this dlc a half a...
  3. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  4. Joining friends on Warzone 2

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Joining friends on Warzone 2: When playing call of duty warzone 2 I'm unable to join my fiends party who have joins on because it says that I dont have [permission, when I previously had Xbox live it worked but now that I...
  5. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  6. Call of duty warzone 3 rainbow graphical issues in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty warzone 3 rainbow graphical issues in game: Hi there, I'm having an issue in game, usually it only happens in downtown, the ship yard or pompov pwoer about 30% of the time. My games graphic settings seem to go haywire and i get a bright...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 and MW3/Warzone 3, right stick issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 and MW3/Warzone 3, right stick issue.: Hello I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller few days ago just to play MW3 that recently came out, first game straight away I realized that right stick/aiming on this controller has a...
  8. Why doesn't my fault Edition upgrade in warzone Modern Warfare 3 work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my fault Edition upgrade in warzone Modern Warfare 3 work: [mod removed - personal information] 3db9b6e5-dab0-48dd-83e9-5fcc20bfb837
  9. Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?: When I play in teams, I can’t hear anybody? I can hear people when in the lobby but nothing when the game starts? Any help? a482bade-63d2-47d7-b857-ed32b0adad5d
  10. Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new: Warzone keeps crashing. Why? 0896c32d-8d24-41ab-a3a4-b1f1077d6cff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. warzone series s hangs at start screen