Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

Discus and support Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NonverbalMoth44, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on "syncing files". I've left it there for an hour and it just stays stuck on that message. When this happens, the only way to launch the game successfully is to restart the PC, after which all my save files for the last twelve hours or so have disappeared. This is not just on a single session: today, for example, I launched the game twice, played a while both times, launched it a third time, got stuck on syncing files, and now my last available save is from last night before I went to bed. This is about the fifth time this has happened and I am getting fed up. What is the point of cloud-synced games if all it does is delete your freaking saves?

:)

NonverbalMoth44, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Keven ducharme Win User

same here. 2 times this week that i lost a couple of hours of play. on my pc all is ok is ok but when i sync data on my xbox serie X there is missing a few hours of play. i do log out on my xbox and log in then sync data when i open back the game and it still is not sync right
  3. Jesse Prather Win User

I have had it happen twice and lost close to 30 hours of game play. I absolutely love the game, but I cannot play a third time until this is fixed. I have been playing video games since Atari 2600 and I have never have had this happen in any other game. It is a game breaking bug and should have been addressed in their first patch. It is a shame since the game is such fun IMO. I was thinking about trying to save games to an external hard drive to see if that would work because I really would like to finish the game.
  4. Hadouken Hobbit Win User

Same thing for me, on series x. It’s the 3rd time in 3 days but today it just nuked 14 hours of play. I am about this close 👌 from never playing wartales again - which is maddening as the game is so good. Please fix this asap, how can you launch the game with such an issue
  5. luissolid Win User

Minecraft not working

Hello welcome to the forums!

You can try to delete your local save files and then start the game again, sometimes the game got stuck when try yo sync your save files.

Regards!
  6. Karambir Win User

Gears 5 Icon greyed out

Your save files are in the cloud. The game will stay installed, it will just reset to default.
    Wow this solved the issue, it was indeed an issue of stuck update.

I did a reset on Gears 5, game disappeared in xbox app. Searched for Gears 5 in xbox app and selected install.

A 500mb file was downloaded and game runs fine now.

Game version has changed from 108 to 109.

Thank you all for helping with the problem.
Thema:

1. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files" - Similar Threads - Wartales saves keep

2. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  3. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  7. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  8. How can I get my save data back?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my save data back?: I recently logged into my game and was given the option to use my local save from the day before or my cloud save from months ago. I wasn't sure what was happening so I clicked on the cloud...
  9. Wartales doesn't install error 0X80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wartales doesn't install error 0X80070002: Hi, Wartales didn't launch at all so I uninstalled. Then when trying to reinstall it gives an error 0X80070002. Would appreciate your help very much. BR, 48d03595-21b4-4507-b23b-c812faa5dcb0
  10. Why was Wartales allowed to release on Xbox when the savegame system has been broken for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Wartales allowed to release on Xbox when the savegame system has been broken for...: Very poor wasting gamers time loosing hours of time. Microsoft should demand a fix or remove it from the store. ed35363f-bfe4-4581-b3ab-2c7af29d0fac