Warranty is wrong as it says expired in August 2023 when was bought new from...

Discus and support Warranty is wrong as it says expired in August 2023 when was bought new from... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Purchased an XBox series X from Curries PC World in January 2023. Ordered and paid for online and collected from store. It developed a fault in that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pam-UK, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Pam-UK
    Pam-UK Guest

Purchased an XBox series X from Curries PC World in January 2023. Ordered and paid for online and collected from store. It developed a fault in that optical drive wouldn't read any discs. Was returned to service centre in Germany. It has now developed the same fault again. But online (Microsoft Website), my warranty has changed from January 2024 to August 2023. Furthermore, the controler that came with the complete system has also developed a fault in that one of the directional controlers now moves on its own, or rather it doesn't, but onscreen cursors that it controls do.

£450 is a lot of money for something that develops the same fault twice in nine months. Do you have an actual human contact for this because your websites automated service is absolutely useless if it's not an issue you prepared for.

:)

Pam-UK, Oct 23, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Warranty is wrong as it says expired in August 2023 when was bought new from Curry's-PCWorld in January (Have receipt & Bank statements)

Hi Pam-UK,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your controller to process a service repair. We truly understand how frustrating this can be.

We recommend that you need to speak with our Xbox Live support. It's best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further check your concern and provide you a timely resolution with your concern.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Warranty is wrong as it says expired in August 2023 when was bought new from Curry's-PCWorld in January (Have receipt & Bank statements)

just take it to currys and get them to deal with mirosoft on your part or get them to sort it as it ia their responsibility too.
  4. Steve Strang Win User

My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?

Thanks Daniel,

The warranty expired April 2023.... The good news is that it works just fine but the loud fan is quite annoying!

I'll just start playing with noise cancelling headphones on!
  5. Kristine Mcalpine Win User

Xbox wireless headset won’t charge

Thank you for your response. Can you tell me why the warranty on my headset expired before I even bought it? I bought it brand new from Walmart. ( not refurbished )

I purchased it 7/23 and the warranty expired in 3/23
  6. LadyShade Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 2 months special

Yes I have, it expired some time in August.

The article I read about it in said the deal was for new/expired users only - guess they were wrong.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Warranty is wrong as it says expired in August 2023 when was bought new from... - Similar Threads - Warranty wrong says

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  5. I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !: Hi I am trying to get my elite controller repaired I have tried two separate service orders now - fhe shipping label is never delivered to my email or online account. I have checked my junk. Can...
  6. Warranty shipping label had the wrong location.

in XBoX on Windows
    Warranty shipping label had the wrong location.: I requested a replacement for a controller with a stick drift and it still remains in warranty until about October 2024. I was sent a sticker and accepted for a replacement. The sticker turned out...
  7. Xbox controller wrongly showing out of warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wrongly showing out of warranty?: My Xbox controller is showing as out of warranty since Sept 2023, but I bought it in Jan 2023 (from Best Buy with my Xbox) so I think it should still be in warranty until Jan 2024? I can't seem to...
  8. Can’t finalize under warranty repair - a melted ice pop graphic and a donething went wrong...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t finalize under warranty repair - a melted ice pop graphic and a donething went wrong...: Can’t finalize my in warranty controller under warranty repair - I get to the final stage after entering address and I’m met with a melted ice pop graphic and a donething went wrong - try in a bit...
  9. Xbox series x warranty wrong period

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x warranty wrong period: Xbox series x warranty Hi guys, i just bought xbox series x today (17/8/2023) I registered the console at Microsoft site, but the warranty said it ends at (11/11/2024) that means after 15 months,...
  10. My Xbox has the wrong warranty sticker

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox has the wrong warranty sticker: Hi, I bought my Xbox One 500gb in 2018 from Game who have said they haven’t changed the original sticker and we have done anything to it and this means I can’t afford an upgrade, if anyone has had...