Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

Discus and support Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zac Tyson, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Zac Tyson
    Zac Tyson Guest

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.

:)

Zac Tyson, Jul 11, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.
    If you were to do that it would delete her email completely she would never be able to use it again.

Per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time..
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts.

is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my account, please contact me if you can
    The Xbox account IS the Microsoft account and vice versa so there isnt any way to delete the Xbox profile without deleting the entire Microsoft account along with it.
  4. c9ded3d0-ec81-40dc-8 Win User

Change email with xbox account

I don't want to link an email to my current account. Is there no way to just change the email for my Xbox account without deleting my current Microsoft account?
  5. KindGryphon Win User

can i unlink/disconnect an xbox account from a microsoft account an if so how?

i got an xbox off of my older brother and have always used his account, he now has bought an xbox and we dont want to share an account the account is connected to his microsoft email which is his main email, i have used the account more and would prefer to keep the account with ,y save data and name. is there a way to unlink the xbox account and microsoft account so he can keep his email and make a new account for his new xbox? ive tried waht i thought was changing the email on the xbox account but it turned out i changed the email on the microsoft account.
    The Xbox account IS the Microsoft account and vice versa.

There isnt a way to unlink the xbox and Microsoft account without it causing his Microsoft email to be permanently deleted since they are all one in the same.

Removing your brothers Microsoft email from the account would cause it to be deleted forever and since Microsoft doesnt recycle emails for deleted accounts he would not be able to use it to create a new Microsoft account.

Basically there is no way to do what you want to do without negatively affecting your brothers Microsoft email.
  6. maxen Win User

Deleting an xbox live account

Thema:

1. Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account - Similar Threads - switch email account

2. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  3. Switching my Xbox account's email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching my Xbox account's email.: I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove the other one so that my current one became...
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  6. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  7. Switching Account emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Account emails: So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's main Microsoft account, which he uses for...
  8. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under: Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it i have tried looking it up and its making...
  9. Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?: Hello, I have an xbox account from years ago but since I was a child my father used his email for it. He still frequently uses that email and I heard if you switch the primary email it just...
  10. How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?: I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account on my current email, if possible....